Occasionally some items in your Inbox can become out of sync with the Application/EAE Databases and you may see that you have an unread item in your inbox, although your inbox appears empty.
There can be several reasons for this unexpected behavior. This article will help provide you some steps to workaround this issue and resolve the temporary conflict on your own and arm you with the information that Jive Support may need to help resolve this issue.
Identifying the Problem
There are different flavors of this problem and how it can present itself, but these seem to be the three most common scenarios.
Count present with no unread items
Unread item(s) cannot be marked read
Resolution / Workaround
You may want to read any other unread items first to ensure you don't mark anything read that you might possibly forget to read later. Because you can typically resolve this by going to your inbox and clicking on the "Mark all read" button on that page. This should mark everything as read and typically resolve the issue.
Filing a Support Case
If the workaround above doesn't solve the problem, then we will have to continue investigating to see if you're encountering a specific bug. You will need to file a new Support Case in your secret support group and provide the follow information to the Support agent:
- Which user is experiencing this?
- What is the current Inbox count?
- Do you see any Inbox items currently marked as Unread?
- Have they tried using the "Mark all read" button?
- Can you run a GET request against this API endpoint?
- Note: If you're unfamiliar with using this API endpoint, then please take a look at Jive REST API → Inbox service. Otherwise, if you've never used or seen an API, then you might want to start here: How to: The Basics of using Jive's REST API . Support can provide further assistance if needed on this.