We have a clustered environment set up with 2 App nodes and 1 cache and 1 Search and 1 Activity Engine. We have 2 customized plugins which we have to deploy into the application. We followed the below steps to achieve the same:
1. Bring down the app nodes A and B. A being the senior member
2. Since the plugin was already deployed in both the nodes , we removed the exploded folders from both the nodes rm -rf <<plugin-folder-name>>
3. we deployed the jar into the ~/applications/sbs/home/plugins folder of both the nodes.
4. The servers were brought up ,A being the first and with a delay of 1 minute the cluster member B.
- We can see the changes in the exploded folder in both the nodes , but the changes are not visible in the application.
- We tried restarting multiple times but in vain.
- We brought down the cache and cluster
- We had to delete the entry from the database(I am not sure why this was needed , but eventually this fixed the issue)
- We removed the already exploded jars from both the nodes A and B.
- We deployed the plugin into the senior member A.
- Cache service was started and then App node A was brought up
We could now see the changes reflecting in node A. As expected ,when we brought the node B (the copy of the plugin from A was now available here) , changes were reflecting here as well.
We need help in understanding
-Is it necessary to delete entry in database everytime we deploy plugins in a clustered environment.
- Are we missing any steps here.