Software Developer required for Jive On premise application with at least 5 years of experience (Minimum 2 years of Jive experience)
Location: Bangalore, India
Please find the JD below:
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
As a member of the Product Development IT team, you will apply your software skills to analyze, design and implement feature/functionality for Oracle's Community websites using Jive Software technology.
- Work in PDIT Corporate Application Engineering Services for Community websites using on premise deployment of Jive Social Business software.
- Understand and debug Jive code, including necessary performance enhancements and underlying architecture
- Perform as the SME (subject matter expert) on Jive platform and Oracle’s implementation of same. Shall interact with multiple groups to help promote the technical vision of the product.
- Design, build, test, and release Java-based solutions to enhance the core Jive application.
- Engage with Jive and Community Managers to identify defects and enhancements for the product.
- Analyze business and system requirements and recommend technical strategies based on Jive Social business software.
- Integrate and implement plugins and add-ons with the other systems
- Day-to-day administration of the platform including various meeting with the business teams.
- Liaison with Jive product support opening support tickets as needed.
- Mentoring and adherence to standards for Java development, web content management, tuning and Diagnostics.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience. At least 2 years with Jive Software and various J2EE technologies.
- Soy-based template experience desired or working knowledge of XML framework for templates.
- Experience to lead offshore teams around product implementation is a plus.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to express complex technical concepts to different audiences in writing and conference calls.
- Ability to take feature/design through software lifecycle to release of robust, high-quality, production code
- Flexible work times to enable working with team members in other time zones (Early and/or Late conferences)