OTN Cloud Community Manager / Technical Evangelist [CONTRACT ONLY]
The OTN Cloud Community Manager is a temporary remote, 1 year, contract position. Responsibilities include coordinating with OTN Community Managers and relevant product teams to configure and update the OTN Community Cloud space, develop content, and monitor community activity in order to increase engagement across the Cloud spaces.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
• Develop content in coordination with community managers and product teams
• Actively administer and participate in all relevant community spaces daily:
• Answer/refer questions
• Engage in dialog
• Follow-up on and acknowledge all comments
• Resolve all issues
• Deliver an online community experience consistent with other community spaces on the platform.
• Identify, synchronize and cross-share with other Community managers
• Assess content performance via metrics; adjust edit tactics accordingly
• Suggest new content opportunities to increase community/engagement
• Listen to and respond to community content needs/requests
• Follow and aggregate relevant Cloud content from research firms, industry analysts, and social channels
• 3-5 years experience in technical evangelism, marketing program management for IT industry / Cloud solutions.
• 3-5 years experience with Cloud computing technologies, including virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS,
and IoT. Understanding of industry use cases in healthcare, building automation, manufacturing, and telematics.
• 3-5 years experience in enterprise technology; familiarity with enterprise IT trends, topics, issues,
innovations; comfortable with IT vocabulary, glossary, acronyms; strong interest in enterprise IT
• Technical evangelism and communications skills, including presentations, blogging, online community development and management.
• Understanding of business and technology value proposition for cloud for developer and IT director
• Experience managing complex, community-based programs and nurturing content
• Experience interacting with and growing a developer community; exposure to cloud developer user groups and venues.
OTN Cloud Community Manager Job Description
• Proven track record of driving engagement within an online community
• Excellent written, communication, research, and organizational skills, with the ability to generate relevant technical content.
• Familiarity with the Jive platform
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously
• Knowledge and passion for the changing digital marketing landscape
• Results oriented, creative person who initiates forward thinking ideas to drive engagement
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Strong initiative with ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Undergraduate degree
• Being an active blogger is a plus.
• HTML and CSS skills
Work Location: Virtual / Remote Contract Role
San Francisco Bay area based candidates preferred; willing to consider qualified candidates based anywhere in US for virtual/remote contract role.
Travel Component: Minimal
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a brief overview of your background as it relates to the job requirements.