We're looking for an Internal Communications Director in our Marketing team, based in NYC. As the Community Manager, I hope to work closely with this person to best leverage our internal Jive community! Learn more and apply here.
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Internal communications Director will work to ensure employees across Medidata are kept informed and excited with our strategy and initiatives via several channels, such as an internal portal, emails, blogs, social media, regular newsletters and conferences. You are working closely with senior executives, HR and Corporate communications teams to establish internal messages and drive engagement with our teams.
• Proactively lead and execute internal communications projects and campaigns that align with, articulate and support the company's key messages, business priorities and growth initiatives, as well as influence a positive culture and engaged workforce.
• Lead internal content strategy, editorial plans, storytelling and information for internal channels in conjunction with senior executives.
• Creatively conceive and lead communication programs and content strategy across multiple channels: intranet/online, social media, multimedia, video, print, newsletter, conferences, kick-off meetings and thematic events.
• Understand employee perceptions and advocate for plans to improve teamwork, collaboration and team spirit.
• Drive new approaches to deliver communications in more efficient and effective ways by challenging processes and recommending new approaches.
• Develop messaging for topics including policy, culture, initiatives and other areas of strategic corporate significance as directed by executive leaders.
• Work directly with executives and business leaders to identify needs, objectives and strategies to create effective and meaningful communications, including scripts, speeches, and presentations.
• Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
• Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
• Create an open forum for employees to ask questions and share content or thoughts. Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
• Use social media to communicate with staff internally and externally through the implementation of employee advocacy program.
• Create agenda and manage production of company's internal kick-off: building and reviewing presentations, orchestrating execution.
• Write speech, messages or presentations for senior executives to their organizations or the entire company.
• Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization with external communication messages.
• Ability to lead communications strategy while paying close attention to details and managing complex campaigns.
• Great relationship-building skills and the ability to work within a team environment across different time zones.
• Exceptional interviewing, copy-writing and editing skills.
• Excellent presentation skills – personal delivery and ability to lead and coach people and teams.
• Effective listening, problem-solving and counseling skills; ability to build alignment to shared vision.
• Proven change management communication skills.
• Solid project, time and budget management skills essential.
• Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work autonomously and act independently.
• Digital expert familiar with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
Your Education & Experience:
• Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large organization, is most sought after.
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing. A Master’s degree is a plus.
• Experience in writing for a variety of different audiences is also desired. General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial.
• Prior management of complex projects and advising senior managers is also required
• Understanding the life sciences industry is a plus
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.