Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an Enterprise Content & Community Manager, based at Western Union’s global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role, the Enterprise Content & Community Manager, will work directly with other internal and external team members to support Western Union’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) strategy and Collaboration Technology initiatives. This position will evangelize WU’s ECM and Collaboration Technologies and promote, through governance, proper selection of internal IT tools such as Box, Jive and SharePoint as well as work towards consolidation of enterprise content across these platforms. As part of the Collaboration Technology initiatives this position will also be tasked with the promotion of and provide community management support for Western Union’s employee intranet powered by Jive. Additionally, this position will provide product expertise to the Western Union organization for Box and Jive.
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM): Develop approaches for executing on WU’s roadmap for transitioning from an enterprise with content in varied locations and states to one enterprise-wide platform.
- Document different use cases for content management and collaboration and build a plan that addresses these different use cases.
- Evangelize WU’s enterprise content management strategy throughout the enterprise, vertically from senior executives to low-level analysts and horizontally across all departments.
- Conduct periodic content audits for potentially competing content repositories; work with identified users and applications to educate them on the need for using WU’s standard.
- Facilitate a quarterly cross-functional enterprise content steering committee to foster knowledge sharing, collaboration and evangelize WU’s enterprise content management strategy.
- Conduct ongoing business analysis activities around different groups’ requirements as they migrate from source systems to Box.
- Conduct ongoing project management activities to set, track and facilitate milestones for each group as they migrate from source systems to Box.
- Track and analyze ROI on ECM investment Develop and socialize corporate ECM governance policies
- Develop, track and report on key ECM metrics Ensure WU stays up to date on latest and greatest capabilities from Box Intranet Community Management
- Act as a technical expert for the community.
- Monitor and respond to user questions, elevate questions that cannot be answered to product support team.
- Create help documents, videos, and train users on how to make the most of the platform.
- Nurture engagement, connect with users, and encourage their activity.
- Provide information, guidance and assistance to individuals on best use of the community to get work done.
- Engage other people to help with certain aspects of the community and build a strong network of advocates.
- Analyze community metrics to provide monthly and ad-hoc usage reports and to determine areas needing assistance.
- Monitor activity and areas in need of promotion and clean-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Business, Technology or Marketing
- 5 plus years ECM Experience
- 2 plus years Program Management Experience with SaaS productivity tools such as Box, Jive, Slack, etc.
- Preferred: experience implementing and/or administering a significant Box deployment of over 5000 users.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate cross-functional teams
- Proven experience in building consensus in a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines with a focus on high quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, resourceful nature and excellent problem solving capabilities
- Ability to market, sell and promote participation in the community
- Experience with online communities/social networking
- Experience with the development, management or maintenance of community websites Experience in process development and management
- Experience with Jive and SharePoint a plus
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust. Ambassadors of responsibility. And ambassadors of hope. They are the living, breathing manifestation of who we are as a company and reflect the WU behaviors: Inspired. Connected. Driven. Game-Changer. Responsible. EOE/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected category.