Social Media Specialist/Community Manager
This position will be located in Denver
Vantiv is seeking a Social Media Specialist who could also support our growing, new developer community, Vantiv O.N.E.
Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners from the largest national merchants, to the coffee shop down the street, and everything in between. We are looking for a creative social media specialist who has knowledge of many social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram), interest in learning new platforms and is comfortable engaging with developers and a wide variety of audiences.
Half of the job will be to work as Community Manager of our developer community, Vantiv O.N.E., to support, engage and enable a community of developers. This role will have a visible impact on the quality of Vantiv's relationship with its customers, partners and developers. The ideal candidate will serve as the voice of the company externally and internally while ensuring a strong community heartbeat by building relationships and to create digital social engagements within the community. The Community Manager is a champion for Vantiv's payments integration strategy and will be responsible for engagement and operations on Vantiv's developer network social networking. The community manager will be responsible for balancing the tactical engagement and programming activities with ensuring community membership reaches certain goals.
The other half of the job is to create, write and post content to the various social media platforms of Vantiv to shape our brand, thought leadership and community social responsibility in the public eye. In addition, community manager will help with customer care through the social channels, responding to inquiries and questions. Reporting on campaigns and analytics of weekly trends will also be part of this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Demonstrated strategies and tactics that drive community engagement depending on audience types (passive and active)
* Build community strategy recommendations for goals like engagement, creation or consumption of user generated content
* Stay current on emerging collaboration best practices, tools, technologies, and trends
* Provide recommendations to grow the community, social media followers and engagement
Community Management and Social Media Involvement
* Monitor, manage, and curate online conversations, including answering user questions and helping to foster user connections behind the scenes
* Encourage user participation and engagement throughout to foster community engagement
* Manage and moderate content, report on community activities, communicate insights
* Educate and train clients and community users
* Configure the platform and features to support business needs and community goals
* Respond to questions and inquires on social channels for customer care
* Coordinate implementation of marketing campaigns using the community as the primary communication platform.
* Work with a cross-functional team of content owners to foster development of compelling content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
* Integrated marketing with other channels including open social media, search engines, websites, email marketing and offline
* Support clients in content curation and creation of community content
Engagement and Support
* Keep up-to-date on platform/software updates and versions
* Moderation of User Generated Content
* Liaise with the IT service desk, internal teams and subject matter experts to identify and resolve user issues
* Coach users and administrators on the use of collaboration tools and social content such as blogs, and provide guidance for effectively using the tools.
* Help to enforce policies and standards related to community activity, content creation and organization, and visual and written standards.
* Maintain community analytics dashboards
* Monitor usage, adoption, and other metrics and take action when activity is below established thresholds in order to proactively ensure ongoing use of the system
* Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of new community initiatives.
* Provide direction on new social collaboration tools and best practices, and monitor how other organizations and companies are using them.
* Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
* 3-5 years of experience in social media managing online communities on a social engagement platform.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
* Fundamental knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
* Understanding of UX & the latest community designs
* Background in site analytics and reporting on key business metrics
* Strong customer service orientation and exercises sound judgment.
* Keen interest in all things developer
* Preferred experience in Jive