The Corporate Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and managing content for communications channels including www.Tronox.com, our global intranet, a quarterly employee print magazine, and periodic business updates. This position reports to the director of corporate communications, based in Stamford, Connecticut. The Corporate Communications Specialist ensures alignment of Tronox’s business goals with brand attributes, across digital and print communications. This individual serves as a communications subject matter expert for Tronox, and will serve as a content writer and editor, working in a cross-functional partnership with global colleagues.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and implement communications plans for corporate programs
• Drive editorial calendar and content for the internal corporate newsletter, Internet and intranet, soliciting and coordinating content from the company’s global business units
• Assist in the development of content for organizational announcements, product updates, and other initiatives and strategic programs to facilitate knowledge sharing
• Manage communication of strategic programs and campaigns that drive business goals
• Provide support and counsel to various internal teams to improve and standardize content and processes
• Solicit and coordinate content from the company’s global business units; interview business colleagues, community leaders and other stakeholders for stories to post on various channels
• Manage all Tronox-branded corporate content, adhering to quality, brand and style requirements; review, edit and provide feedback to authors
• Communicate with regional communications and HR teams to coordinate content campaigns
• Partner with internal IT and external technology vendors to manage changes or enhancements to existing and planned online channels, including adoption of social media best practices
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree (Communications or Public Relations preferred)
• Strong project management, writing, and editing skills
• Business acumen and the ability to integrate business and communication strategies
• Experience with a range of communication technologies and channels, site content-management (e.g., SharePoint and WordPress); basic graphics (e.g., Photoshop and PowerPoint); web analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics); and, social media in a B2B environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and poise working with senior executives
• Highly self-motivated and the able to work independently, as a member of a team, as well with all types and levels of employees in a culturally diverse global environment
Please contact Carla Cinti, Director Corporate Communications with interest.
Tronox Limited is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. It operates two vertically integrated mining and inorganic chemical businesses. Tronox TiO2 mines and processes
titanium ore, zircon and other minerals, and manufactures titanium dioxide pigments that add brightness and durability to paints, plastics, paper, and other everyday products. Tronox Alkali mines trona ore and manufactures natural soda ash, sodium bicarbonate, caustic soda, and other compounds which are used in the production of glass, detergents, baked goods, animal nutrition supplements, pharmaceuticals, and other essential products.