Location - New York, USA or Brighton, UK
1 year full-time contract
Empower the workforce through exceptional workplace technology!
The Integrated User Experience team is chartered with ensuring the workplace technology that every American Express employee interacts with is user-centric, valuable and well-adopted. We are seeking an Enterprise Community Manager, to support our migration to a Social Intranet and improved social collaboration capabilities.
In this role, the Enterprise Community Manager will work directly with internal stakeholders, business units and employees to launch and manage American Express’ enterprise social experience. This position will evangelize our social platform developing and delivering adoption campaigns to increase active use and drive ROI. They will also support employees get the most out of social collaboration, answering questions and removing impediments to use. In partnership with Governance and Compliance stakeholders, the Enterprise Community Manager will represent the front line in ensuring appropriate use and adherence to American Express policies and requirements.
- Partner with global employee servicing teams to evangelize the social platform throughout the enterprise, from senior executives to grass roots employees
- Identify best practice in the community and promote it to the enterprise to drive adoption
- Moderate social collaboration groups for inappropriate content and work with compliance stakeholders to educate and uphold AXP Policy
- Facilitate a cross-functional community manager forum to foster knowledge sharing and collaboration, support standardization, address challenges, and collect new user stories for the social platform backlog.
- Monitor and respond to user questions, elevate questions that cannot be answered to product support team.
- Create help documents, videos, and train users on how to make the most of the platform.
- Nurture engagement, connect with users, and encourage their activity – guiding them on how best to use the community to get work done.
- Analyze community metrics to provide monthly and ad-hoc usage reports and to determine areas needing assistance.
- Monitor activity and take action on areas in need of promotion, consolidation clean-up or archive.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Business, Technology or Marketing
- 5 plus years hands-on experience working in a complex social media or community management environment with demonstrated excellence in developing, implementing, driving and monitoring collaboration/community
- Advanced knowledge of online community platforms with direct experience with Jive, SharePoint and others
- Demonstrated expertise in activating and engaging community groups and advocates
- User-centric mindset and proven ability to put the customer at the heart of every decision.
- Preferred: experience implementing and/or administering a significant enterprise social deployment of over 15,000 users.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate cross-functional teams
- Proven experience in building consensus in a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines with a focus on high quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, resourceful nature and excellent problem solving capabilities
- Experience with online communities/social networking
- Experience with the development, management or maintenance of community websites
- Experience in process development and management