How to use the Jivespace Plugin Directory

Instructions: Adding your plugin to the plugin directory

Note: you may also be interested in reading the FAQ near the bottom of this document

Step 1: Make sure your plugin file has all the required elements.

To upload your plugin, the following files are required at the root level of your plugin.

• license.html -- This describes the licensing information for your plugin.

• logo_large.gif -- This image is shown when the plugin is being featured, please keep below 48x48 pixels.

• logo_small.gif -- This image is shown in the all plugin listing, 16x16 pixels please.

• plugin.xml -- A well formed SBS/Clearspace plugin descriptor.

• readme.html -- This HTML file provides more info to users about your plugin.

The above elements are pulled into the information fields displayed on your plugin page, and are required

Step 2: Ensure plugin.xml is well defined.

Your plugin.xml file must contain the following elements.

• <name> -- The name of the plugin.

• <description> -- A short description of your plugin that will be displayed on the plugins page.

• <author> -- Author of the plugin.

• <authorUrl> -- The url of the authors company or bio.

• <version> -- The version of your plugin.

• <date> -- The compilation date.

• <minServerVersion> -- Describe the application and minimum version the plugin works with.

The above elements are pulled into the information fields displayed on your plugin page, and are required

For example

<plugin>

<name> The name of the plugin. </name>

<description> A short description of your plugin that will be displayed on the plugins page. </description>

<author> Author of the plugin. </author>

<authorUrl> The url of the authors company or bio. </authorUrl>

<version> The version of your plugin. </version>

<date> The compilation date. </date>

<minServerVersion> Describe the application and minimum version the plugin works with. </minServerVersion>

</plugin>

Step 3.1: Submit your plugin.

Visit the plugin marketplace and click "Submit your plugin" (remember that you will need to be logged into Jivespace to submit a plugin.) See below:

Submit Plugin

Step 3.2: Provide a title, plugin and long description.

On the creation page please input a title, your plugin and a long description for your plugin the click publish. For reference see the pictures below:

Required Info

Additional Info

Step 3.3: You're Finished!

Take a moment to look at your plugin and make sure the description and information are to your liking. To edit the long description of your plugin, click edit document under document actions. If you need to upload a new version of your plugin or updated plugin jar click "Edit plugin" in the document actions bar.

Plugin Info

Edit Plugin

Step 3.4: You're Finished (Plugins page)!

Take a moment to look at your plugin in the plugin directory.

Plugins Page

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can I add my plugin to the plugin directory?

Absolutely! We would love to have any plugins for Jive SBS in the plugin directory. Make sure you have an account on Jivespace and are logged into the community. Then follow the steps above to add your plugin to the directory.

Can I add non-SBS plugins?

No. This plugin directory is intended only for plugins to Jive SBS and Clearspace.

I clicked "edit document", but it isn't letting me upload a new version of my plugin. How do I add an updated file?

"Edit document" is only for editing the descriptions. Use "edit plugin" to update your plugin files.

I clicked "edit plugin", but it isn't letting me edit my plugin description. How do I update my plugin information?

"Edit plugin" is only used to update your plugin files. Use "edit document" to edit the descriptions.

Some of my plugin metadata is incorrect. How do I update the license, logo, author url, etc.?

All of the metadata is stored in your plugin files. Please see the instructions above (Step 1 and 2) for more information about which information is being pulled out of your plugin files.

How do I get a plugin on the Featured plugin list?

Jive determines which plugins will be featured. If you think a plugin should be featured, you can send Dawn a private message with suggestions for which plugins to feature.