Frequently Asked Questions (Potential Customers)

Version 2

Our potential customers & their interests.

Here is an overview of frequently asked questions and their answers.

1.What is the USP of your product?

When customers ask this question or may in a different format like: “What is so special about your product”, you have two ways of handling it. In either way it is important to focus on the customer benefits and value and not the product features or advantages.

1. Either you have a killer product, where you can use an  offensive strategy, such as “Our product delivers the following outstanding features……, which offers our customers the benefit of …..”.
    2. Or you first ask a counter question to understand the customer needs in more detail to then mention the best value adding benefit of the product to the customer. Just say something like: “Our product offers different values to our customers. To best understand your personal needs, may I ask you where and how you would like to use the product?”

2. Will the product do..?

Sometimes customers ask for a specific function, feature or advantage of your product. As in #1 it is important to find out, what the value is to the client or customer. So if they ask the question, just dig in a bit deeper saying something like: “I understand you would like our product to do/be…… May I ask for the reasons you want the product to do ……. This way I can give you a more specific answer and maybe tell you about further features of the product, which will make sure you are fully satisfied with it later.

3. I do not believe your product fits my needs, unless you customize it for me.

Objections are good, although a lot of people believe they are not. They indeed are, as it still shows that the customer still has an interest in the product. Else he would just walk away. Now it is important to understand “WHY” the customer raises a concern. Just show an understanding of his position and then ask something like: “I understand, that you have concerns about the functionality of the product. May I ask you what exactly or why you believe it will not work for you?” After the customer explained why he still has doubts, you can argue reasons why and how it could work for him; if you have a solution.