Status updates let you share what's going on right now with others in your community. You can add links, pictures, or @mention a person, place, or a piece of content to increase the visibility of your update. Status updates can be created as a community wide status or targeted in a select group.
Creating a Status Update
- Click the pencil icon on the top menu and select Status Update.
- Enter your update and include any photos or @mentions you'd like to include.
- Include tags if you'd like your status update to be searchable later. Entering a # before a word in your status update turns that word into a tag.
Posting your Status Update
- Choose where to post your status update. The default will be in your community but it can be changed to a specific place.
- Click the Post button to post your update.
- If you posted the update in the community, it will appear in the Activity Stream to all community users. If you posted the update in a specific place, it will appear in that place's activity stream.