SSO/LDAP setup & implementation is outside the scope of jive support as we investigate SSO concerns after the integration is complete (we need to know that is was setup/working correctly at one time.) Jive Professional Services handles the setup and implementation part of SSO. However, here is some documentation to reference if you are into the DIY solution.
Documentation: Setting Up Single Sign-On
Single Sign-On allows you to integrate Jive authentication with an external identity provider.
You can use Jive's local database storage to authenticate users out of the box. However, you may find it useful to integrate your external identity provider with Jive so you can centralize identity management and provide your users with a consistent login experience. Many Jive communities implement SSO as part of a larger audience profile synchronization effort that includes LDAP and/or SAML.
- Understanding SSO with SAML
When you implement single sign-on (SSO) with SAML 2.0, information for each user is passed from the IdP in the form of a digitally-signed XML document.
- Getting Ready to Implement SAML SSO
Before you begin configuring a SAML SSO implementation, make sure you read about the requirements and best practices.
- Configuring IdPs for SSO
Certain IdPs require special configuration before you can set up SAML SSO.
- SAML Identity Providers
Jive can be integrated with a wide variety of SAML IdPs.
- Configuring SSO with SAML
- General SAML Integration Settings
The following settings on the General tab are used in a typical SSO configuration.
- Advanced SAML Integration Settings
The settings on the Advanced tab are used to refine and troubleshoot a SAML integration.
- SAML SSO Attribute Mapping Tips
- Login Entry Pages
The Login Entry Page settings determine the initial login page wording if you have enabled externally accessible groups, or if your community uses SAML SSO, and you have also enabled form-based authentication for non-SSO users.
- Mixed-Mode Authentication
You can configure Jive so that it allows you to use SAML SSO for some users, and forms authentication for others.
- Troubleshooting SAML SSO
Running SSO in debug mode will help you troubleshoot your integration.
- IdP-Specific SAML SSO Issues
Some problems and workarounds only apply to specific IdPs.
- Understanding SSO with External Login
When you implement single sign-on (SSO) using an external login, users can choose to log in using Facebook, or Google OpenID Connect.
- Configuring SSO with External Login
- Global Settings for All SSO
The settings on the SSO General tab apply to all configured SSO implementations.
Jive Knowledge Base (Repository of common solutions, tips and tricks aimed at helping you get the most out of your Jive community.)
- Differences between SAML SSO and LDAP user and group syncing
- Which SAML SSO Settings require a restart?
- Using SAML Tracer to troubleshoot SSO Issues
- Enabling SAML SSO Passive Authentication will cause RSS Feeds to fail
- FAQ: Cookies, Sessions, and Login Duration System Properties
- How to reset SAML SSO Keystore in Jive (On Premise)
- Best practices for updating a user's username, first or last name, or their email address when using SAML SSO
- OOTB SSO Troubleshooting in 184.108.40.206 and above
- "Sync user profile on login" SSO Configuration Setting Explanation for Jive 6