Standard Chartered PLC
Community Manager, Group Internal Communications
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
Head of Group Internal Communications
London / Singapore
Dependent on experience
The Bridge (SCB's version of Jive) is our enterprise social collaboration platform. Working closely with the Head of Group Internal Communications and the Project Director, Group Internal Communications, the Community Manager manages the Bridge from a business perspective, keeping the collaboration space alive and vibrant.
The Community Manager will drive and support the development and adoption of the Bridge, leading on business use cases, house-keeping, analytics, training and engaging stakeholders across the Bank with the programme.
This role involves leading and advocating a new, better way of working and engaging others, encouraging them to participate and get real value from the platform, as well as supporting the maintenance, configuration and ‘health’ of the system.
- Work with the Head of Group Internal Communications and the Project Director, Group Internal Communications on the development and delivery of the Bridge strategy.
- Work with business units to workshop their business needs, advising on best practice for configuration, launch and ongoing management of their groups.
- Identify potential use cases for the Bridge, and manage and prioritise the use case backlog.
- Review groups across the community and provide advice on consolidation, management and best practices.
- Act as a champion of the platform, explaining its benefits to users and potential users, and facilitating our network of advocates.
- Manage the Help Centre leading on implementing a new self-service model, responding to user questions (and encouraging other users to support their colleagues).
- Train and coach group owners and provide regular end user training, working with the Group Internal Communications Team to implement a more self-service learning model.
- Write clear and engaging communications for users supporting them with the information they need to use the Bridge effectively.
- Manage system level moderation and support Group owners in the management of their group moderation queues.
- Jointly oversee and support a network of Ambassadors across the Bank providing strategic advice, guidance and direction.
- With the Group Internal Communications Team define and set measurable goals for the Bridge and work with the team to produce effective, consistent metrics and a dashboard showing achievement against these metrics.
- Use data and analysis from the community to aid decision making, guide the Bridge strategy and drive engagement across the platform.
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in Jive (the software platform the Bridge uses), as well as more broadly in social intranets, and in digital communications.
- Work with the Jive technical support teams to raise awareness of bugs and issues, prioritising those of high severity, escalating when necessary and seeing through to resolution.
- During upgrades and regular maintenance, work with the Jive technical support teams to perform end user testing and quality assurance.
- Assist Group Internal Communications to manage the Bridge in accordance with the Bank’s risk and compliance policies, configuring the platform and driving culture change where necessary.
- Develop close working relationships with technical teams, and with the business and functions.
- Support the Group Internal Communications team, undertaking wider Internal Communications tasks as required by the Head, Group Internal Communications.
- Management Team and their offices
- Members of the Leadership Team and Business Leadership Team
- Global Communications – external communications, media relations, business communications and support function communications teams
- Group, Regional and Country Corporate Affairs
- Information Technology and Operations
- Platform sponsors
- Legal, Compliance and Operational Risk
- Business Operations teams
- Jive user community
- Jive Partners
- External vendors and suppliers
You are a highly organised, analytical, strategic thinker, pragmatic, a good listener and an effective problem solver. You will be someone who gets their hands dirty, does the work and implements plans, as well as developing them. You will have the interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of teams across the world and at all levels of the Bank.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with and implementing social collaboration platforms, preferably a knowledge of Jive
- Passionate about knowledge management, business transformation, collaboration and technology
- Open and honest communication skills
- Hands-on and self-driven
- Multi-tasker who understands how to develop tactical plans that align with the Bank's strategy
- Highly organised, a good listener and an effective problem solver
- Strong project management experience
- Passionate about community best practices, principles, concepts and technologies
- Ideally, a knowledge of internal communications channels and best practice
- Knowledge of financial services sector preferred with a good understanding of the impact of regulation, compliance and operational risk
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with excellent time management skills
- A good fit with Standard Chartered’s culture and values