Jive for Office
Jive for Office brings social capabilities of Jive directly into Microsoft Office applications. With Jive for Office, Office documents can be easily accessed from and saved to Jive—where they can be shared with other users for editing (including simultaneous co-editing) and commenting.
Jive for Office makes it simple to:
- Drive collaboration and transparency by easily publishing Office content created on users' desktops into Jive.
- Unlock siloed content by making it easy to find the best files created by others, right inside Office by browsing, searching, and seeing related files.
- Improve team productivity by eliminating time-consuming review cycles and multiple rounds of feedback by allowing multiple authors and contributors to make comments and changes on a document simultaneously from either their desktops or browsers.
- Eliminate confusion by maintaining a single synchronized version of a document to ensure that everyone is working from the same content—even when multiple authors are making edits to the content in parallel.
- Speed review processes by attaching a unique URL to all documents when they are saved. This means the document can be accessed simultaneously by multiple users with appropriate access—eliminating the need to integrate the multiple generations of comments spawned by email.
- Speed adoption of social business software by enabling users to engage with the Jive environment with familiar Microsoft Office tools.
Collaboratively edit documents in Office applications - merge changes, view and respond to comments, view document information, etc.
Pinpoint changes to a document, accept or reject the changes, and publish the newest version seamlessly.
Installing Jive for Office