Signing the add-on prior to installation
- Maintenance mode must be disabled while installing the add-on
- The Delegate Access add-on must be signed, which can be accomplished from the add-ons installation page, which can be found by clicking on your Jive user avatar, then clicking Add-ons
- Depending on whether you are using a Mac or PC, either CTRL + Click or CMD + Click on the Upload Package button.
- Paste your add-on UUID, from the meta.json file's id property, into the Sign Package text box
- The signature will be displayed after putting in your Add-On's UUID and clicking Sign.
- The signature will look something like (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=) (27 alphanumerics including an equal sign)
- Unzip the add-on zip file and change the definition.json file's jiveServiceSignature, which should have the <<< replace me >>> as the current json value, to use the signature string you just received
- Ensure that systemAdmin is set to true in the definition.json
- It should be noted that any user of Delegate Access must be a system administrator in order to post content
- Zip up the extension folder with the modified definition.json and save this signed zip for later installation
Setting up a Delegate Access permission group
- A permission group, with the recommended name of Jive Ghost Writers, must be created and populated with the users of the add-on
- Remember the ID of this permission group as you'll need it for later configuration of the add-on
Add requisite system properties
|services.enhancedContent.serviceURL||URL and Port Number of your middleware|
|jive.api.run_as.strategies (if the property already exists, then confirm the values are in the comma-separated list)||uri,userid|
|jive.apps.proxy.whitelist.cidrs||Route-able IP address of your middleware|
|jive.api.whitelist.cidrs||Route-able IP address of your middleware|
Create a secret social group
- A secret social group, with the recommended name of Delegate Access - Drafts, must be created to house all content to be posted using the Delegate Access add-on.
- Anyone who wishes to use the Add-on must be a member of this social group.
- Any piece of content in the group will have an additional app action, Delegate Access, that can be clicked to launch the add-on:
Installing the add-on
- Go back to the add-ons installation page and click Upload Package, then select the signed zip from earlier.
- You will receive a confirmation message if the add-on was installed successfully
- Once the add-on is installed, click on the gear icon under Apps Security to configure the permission group that will grant access to the add-on
- Remove the "All Registered Users" group as well
- Then, click Configure Now to launch the configuration options
- Here is where you will need to populate the IDs of the Secret Social Group and the Permissions Group from earlier:
- Once you have completed the configuration section, click Submit and your add-on is ready to use.