- Pre-Installation Instructions:
- Ensure the following System Properties are configured in your instance:
- Set Up an App Service and restrict access to the Security Group:
- Retrieve the Place ID for the Security Group (in the step above)
- Install the add-on for your specific instance. (Attached to this document)
- Configure the Addon:
In order to begin the setup of Delegate Access, you need to identify or create two things within your installation:
- A private, unlisted, group:
- A Security Group: (This is found: Admin Console > People > Management > User Group Summary*)
* make note of the user group number (this is important for configuration in a later step.
Ensure the following System Properties are configured in your instance:
Admin Console > System > Management > System Properties
- Ensure the system properties are not already present.
- services.enhancedContent.serviceURL = http://psapp-shared1.phx1.jivehosted.com:8092
- jive.api.run_as.strategies = uri, userid -
- If the property already exists, then only add 'uri, userid'.
- jive.apps.proxy.whitelist.cidrs = 10.160.115.13
- jive.api.whitelist.cidrs = 10.160.115.13
Set Up an App Service and restrict access to the Security Group:
Admin Console > Add-Ons > App Services > Add New Service
Add the following details
- Name: Delegate Access
- Authentication Style: Anonymous
- Description: Ghost Blog add-on service
- Tags: jive:service://ps.jivesoftware.com/delegate_access/api?version=1
- Service URL: http://psapp-shared1.phx1.jivehosted.com:8092/api/delegate_access
- Groups with Access: Remove "All Registered Users"
- Add Group: Jive Ghost Writers (from "Create security group" step above.
- Test Settings - Click "Test Settings" A green check mark means everything is correct
Retrieve the Place ID for the Security Group (in the step above)
- Navigate to the Group and append the following to the URL: /api/v3
- This will display the API information for the specific group
- Locate: "placeID" and the number.
Install the add-on for your specific instance. (Attached to this document)
Satellite Nav > Add-Ons > All Add Ons > Upload Package
- Choose the file you created in the "Zip up the entire Delegate Access File" step above
- Click the Gear Icon to Configure the Permissions Group
- Remember to remove "All Registered Users"
- Add the Security Group (As noted from the step above)
- Click "Save"
Configure the Addon:
(Click "Configure Now")
- Placed ID (Social Group ID where delegatable content is posted):
- This value is the item found in "Obtain the Place ID for the Content Publishing Group" step above
- User Group ID (Users that that have access to delegate content):
- This value is the item found in "Obtain the Jive User Group ID" step above
Once you have entered the values, click "Save"