The a Collaboration Tool Software Developer/Engineer is responsible for the implementation, configuration, administration and support of the collaboration tool (Jive is the tool) used by Medidata.
The incumbent will partner with functional departmental subject matter experts including the collaboration manager to configure/develop and support collaboration tools used within Medidata.
Core IT Responsibilities
• Manage ongoing Jive systems administration and related integrations to other systems
• Implement changes to Jive in conformance with change control policy
• Managing assigned projects within budget and timelines set
• Complies with Corporate processes and departmental standards
• Manage user acceptance tasks, including testing documents
• Manage work orders that describe particular issues, software bugs or problems
• Obtain data from internal systems and develop reports in Tableau for reporting
• Jive Tile API & Development
• Own data integrity and security of assigned systems
• Own the data flow between assigned systems and external systems
• Ensure that assigned systems are meeting minimum service levels
• Incident Management and escalation of issues and outages
Liaison with business partners
• Partners with assigned business owners to design, implement and manage collaboration solutions; all to work in compliance with Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures
• Implementation of corporate technologies in alignment with business goals
• Helps establish and monitor milestones, communicate essential information, coordinate associated activities, contribute information to team meetings and reports.
• Integrate solutions across functional lines, translate business needs into information technology (IT) solutions including computer platform, database, systems integration and security
• Experience identifying customer requirements and development of systems that support productivity improvements and enforce corporate policies and procedures
• Collaborative, team spirit
• Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computer Science; or equivalent years of experience
• experience with SaaS business applications
• experience configuring/developing custom tiles and integrations with Jive if you have worked with the product or alternatively experience with customizing, integrating, migrating etc. other collaboration tools like for example SharePoint, Confluence, Yammer etc.
• experience configuring/developing custom tiles and integrations with either Jive or some other collaboration tool
• Prefer experience working in a regulated environment
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development. Our work ensures that life-saving drugs and medical devices get to market faster. We are a certified “Great Place to Work” with highly engaged employees focused on improving the health outcomes of patients across the globe.
We develop cloud-based enterprise products and services and are a world leader driving the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for innovation globally. With annual revenue in 2016 of nearly $500 million, we are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 850 customers and customer retention rates above 99%. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® is the primary technology solution powering clinical trials for 18 of the world's top 25 global pharmaceutical companies and is used by 18 of the top 25 medical device developers—from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. Our customers include global pharmaceutical companies, biotech, diagnostic and device firms, leading academic medical centers, technical partners and contract research organizations.
By automating over 12,000 clinical trials to date, Medidata has the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. Today, Medidata pioneers innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing a new level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials. That means better treatments reach waiting patients sooner.
We know that diverse teams win. It is our diversity and inclusiveness that fuels innovation and sparks our passion and commitment to patient health. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 1900 employees.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.