How to Capture Web Requests (HAR) in Chrome for Support
In some situations, Jive Support will ask for a copy of your browser's web requests while you reproduce a particular issue or unexpected behavior. Providing these web requests to Jive Support can help speed up the troubleshooting and investigation process.
To capture these requests you will need to use Google Chrome's Developer Tools
- First open page in Chrome
- Right-click and select Inspect Element
- Select the Network tab
- Click the red button on the far left of the tab. This will begin to record your session
- Refresh the page where the issue is happening
- Reproduce error or issue
- Right-click the background of one of the rows in the Network tab and click Copy > Save as HAR with Content
Please note: Jive Support can then take the HAR file and see a complete log of all of the web requests made by your browser during the recorded session. This can help the support team in troubleshooting the issue at hand.
- Attach the .har file to your case