Issue Encountered: All the non-admin User/User Group have permission to create a Space.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login to the Jive instance as a non-admin user.
- Click on the 'Create' option on the upper right-hand corner.
- The drop-down from 'Create' shouldn't contain an option to create a 'Space'.
- Ony Admins should have rights to create a Space.
- The non-admin user has access to create a Space
The non-admin User/User Group has Admin access over Jive instance/Space.
Remove/Change the Admin rights from the non-admin User/User Group
- If the issue is happening for only a specific user.
- Login to Jive instance as Admin and go to, Admin Console,
- Go to Permissions > System Administration.
- Click on 'Check someone's permissions'.
- Enter the username and lookup for Admin permissions if any.
- Remove/change the Admin privileges if it is not required.
- If the no user has 'User Overrides' and Audit log shows similar log,
- Admin Console > System > Management > Audit Log Viewer (sample image)
- This means the 'Space' is created under a parent space/root space, inheriting parents settings.
- Then, go to the Admin Console,
- Go to, Permissions > Space Permissions.
- Under 'View and edit a space's permissions', click on 'browse for a space'
- Select the parent space/root space.
- This will take you to the Default Space Permissions page.
- Make sure that the non-admin User/User Group don't have the 'Administer' rights/User overrides.