|Platinum Support Program | Platinum Services|
Your Aurea Messenger implementation is brought up to date using Best Practice Methodology with the latest features and technology.
Annual Managed Upgrades are recommended.
All Platinum Support members with on-premise Aurea Messenger platforms are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
Required Customer Inputs
- All information requested by the Platinum Upgrade Group in the service request is provided in a timely manner
- Access to development or staging environment with Read and Write privileges
Platinum Team Final Outputs
- You will have an implementation of the most current version of Aurea Messenger using your configuration and implementation running in your development or staging environment.
- You will receive a Playbook, with step by step instructions based on the successful single environment upgrade, to enable you to perform the upgrade for your other environments.
- You submit a request for a Managed Upgrade in the support portal
- We provide a set of questionnaires and documents to be completed by you
- You provide a timely response using the supplied documents
- Platinum Services will then:
- Perform an upgrade assessment and the planning activities
- Implement the upgrade in a development or staging environment and with non-functional tests
- Provides a Playbook with materials needed for your team to implement the upgrade in your other environments
- Your team implements the Aurea Messenger upgrade, following the provided Playbook, to your other environments such as Production
- Platinum Services provides support for the issues that can be replicated in the environment in which we implemented the upgrade
The following scope exclusions apply.
- No Access: If access to a development or staging environment cannot be provided to Platinum Services, a paid engagement will be required. This engagement would be for Aurea to provide upgrade assistance via screen sharing.
- Multiple Environment Assistance: If Platinum Services assistance is needed to upgrade other environments or to help resolve upgrade issues in other environments, a paid engagement would be required.
- Customized Plugins or Services: Only out-of-the-box plugins and services will be upgraded. If customized plugins or services need to be upgraded as indicated by failing the non-functional testing then a paid engagement would be required.
- Once Access is established and all documentation has been processed, the On-premise Aurea Messenger upgrade of a development or staging environment typically takes 2 weeks.
- It could be longer if the infrastructure is very large, but that will be discussed during the evaluation and assessment phase prior to starting the upgrade.
The following is a more detailed description of the delivery process.
|Upgrade Request||Create Request Case||• Submit case in customer's Aurea Messenger support portal||Customer||N/A|
|Respond to Request|
• Acknowledge receipt
• Work with customer to get required upgrade questionnaires and documents
• Inform customer that the Platinum Project Manager will be in touch within 1 day
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Acknowledge Request Formally|
• Email customer acknowledging receipt of the Platinum Service Request
• Provide a high-level overview of the next steps
Platinum Project Manager
|Project Set Up||Set Up Project Framework|
• Create a project in an AureaWorks support group
• Post initial project documents to the project space
|Platinum Consultant||2 days|
|Upgrade Preparation||Prepare for Upgrade|
• Download upgrade documentation files
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Prepare Environment for Upgrade|
• Download the most recent version of the software from the Support Portal Download Site
• Place downloaded software in a location on the host of the Primary Domain Manager to be upgraded
|Upgrade Delivery||Backup Configuration Files||• Perform backups of installation folder structure holding configuration files||Platinum Consultant||1 - 2 weeks|
|Upgrade a Development |
or a Staging Environment
• Upgrade development or staging environment
• Re-apply settings as needed
|Test||• Perform non-functional testing|
|Fix Issues and Retest||• Solve or document issues as needed for standard components and perform a series of retests|
|Upgrade Hand-off||Deliver Upgrade Resources||• Provides materials in the form of a Playbook to be used for the upgrade of other environments |
such as Production
|Upgrade Hand-off||Create Playbook||• Consolidate detailed notes taken during the upgrade process and create a step-by-step Playbook||Platinum Consultant||2 days|
• Review of Playbook
• Submission of changes or clarification in the Playbook
|Review change request and review|
• Discuss changes or classifications
• Make changes to the Playbook, as agreed
• Deliver final Playbook
|On-call support||• Available for on-call support of Playbook||Platinum Consultant||Max 1 week|
Request an Upgrade
You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/.
- Enter case title: "[Customer Name] - Platinum Services Request: Managed Upgrade
- Provide the following information in the Description:
- Current Aurea Messenger Version
- Ideal Start Date
- Deadline Date for Completion
- Reason for the Deadline Date
- Acknowledge that access to a development or staging system will be provided
- Platinum Services will respond to your request within 1 business day
- You will receive an upgrade questionnaire to complete and return
- A Project Manager will contact you to get the project started
The following are frequently asked questions about the Platinum Services Managed Upgrade.
- Is my company eligible for a Managed Upgrade?
- All Platinum Support members with on-premise installations are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
- How do I request a Managed Upgrade?
- You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/. Refer to the Request an Upgrade section for details.
- What are our responsibilities for a Managed Upgrade?
- A completed upgrade questionnaire must be provided.
- Provide access to a development/staging environment.
- Timely assignment of resources.
- How long will a Managed Upgrade take?
- On-premise Aurea Messenger upgrades of a development/staging environment typically take a week.
- Can Platinum Services upgrade all my environments?
- As a paid engagement, yes. Platinum Membership includes an upgrade of one development or staging environment only.