|Platinum Support Program | Platinum Services|
Audience: Customer IT and managers responsible for CX Process operations and maintenance.
Purpose: Assist customers with on-premise CX Process platforms understand the upgrade process.
Your CX Process implementation is brought up to date using Best Practice Methodology with the latest features and technology.
Annual Managed Upgrades are recommended.
All Platinum Support members with on-premise CX Process platforms are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
Required Customer Inputs
- All information requested by the Platinum Upgrade Group in the service request is provided in a timely manner
- Access to a development or staging environment with Read and Write privileges
Platinum Team Final Outputs
- You will have an implementation of the most current version of CX Process using your configuration and implementation running in your development or staging environment.
- You will receive a Playbook, with step by step instructions based on the successful single environment upgrade, to enable you to perform the upgrade for your other environments.
- You submit a request for a Managed Upgrade in the support Portal
- We will provide you with a set of questionnaires and other documents to be completed by you.
- You will provide a timely response with the fully completed questionnaires.
- Platinum Services will then:
- Performs upgrade assessment and planning activities
- Implement the upgrade to a development or staging environment and perform non-functional testing
- Provide a Playbook with materials needed for your team to implement the upgrade in your other environments such as Production
- Your team implements the CX Process upgrade, following the Playbook, to Production and other environments
- Platinum Services provides support for any issue that can be replicated in the environment in which we implemented the upgrade
The following scope exclusions apply.
- No Access: If access to a development or staging environment cannot be provided to Platinum Services, a paid engagement will be required. This engagement would be for Aurea to provide upgrade assistance via screen sharing.
- Multiple Environment Assistance: If Platinum Services assistance is needed to upgrade other environments or to help resolve upgrade issues in other environments, a paid engagement would be required.
- Non-Standard components: Only out-of-the-box components will be upgraded. If menus, services or other customized objects have been developed and fail the non-functional testing, then a paid engagement may be necessary to complete the upgrade.
Once access is obtained and the necessary software has been downloaded by the customer and made available on the host to be upgraded:
- On-premise CX Process upgrades of a development or staging environment typically takes 1 week.
- It could be longer if the infrastructure is very complex, but that will be discussed during the evaluation and assessment phase prior to starting the upgrade.
The following is a more detailed description of the delivery process.
|Upgrade Request||Create Request Case||• Submit case in customer's CX Process support portal||Customer||N/A|
|Respond to Request|
• Acknowledges receipt
• Work with customer to get required upgrade request information
• Inform customer the Platinum Project Manager will be in touch within 1 day
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Acknowledge Request Formally|
• Email customer acknowledging receipt of the Platinum Service Request
• Provide high-level overview of next steps
Platinum Project Manager
|Project Set Up||Set Up Project Framework|
• Create a project in an AureaWorks support group
• Post initial project documents to the project space
|Platinum Consultant||2 days|
|Upgrade Preparation||Prepare for Upgrade|
• Download upgrade files
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Prepare Environment for Upgrade|
• Download most recent version of the software from the Support Portal Download Site
• Place downloaded software in a location on the host which will be used for the upgrade
|Upgrade Delivery||Backup Configuration Files||• Perform backups of installation folder structure holding configuration files||Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Upgrade Dev or Staging Environment|
• Upgrade development or staging environment
• Re-apply settings as needed
|Test||• Perform non-functional testing|
|Fix Issues and Retest||• Solve or document issues as needed and perform a series of retests|
|Upgrade Hand-off||Create Playbook||• Consolidate detailed notes taken during the upgrade process and create a step-by-step Playbook||Platinum Consultant||2 days|
• Review of Playbook
• Submission of changes or clarification in the Playbook
|Review change request and review|
• Discuss changes or classifications
• Make changes to the Playbook, as agreed
|Delivery Final Playbook|
• Provides final materials in the form of a Playbook to be used for the upgrade of other environments such as Production
|On-Call Support||Post Upgrade Support||• Available for on-call support of Playbook||Platinum Consultant||Max 1 week|
Request an Upgrade
You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/.
- Enter case title: "[Customer Name] - Platinum Services Request: Managed Upgrade
- Provide the following information in the Description:
- Current CX Process Version
- Earliest Start Date
- Ideal Start Date
- Deadline Date for Completion
- Reason for the Deadline Date
- Acknowledgement that access to a development or staging system will be provided
- Platinum Services will respond to your request within 1 business day
- You will receive an upgrade questionnaire to complete and return
- A Project Manager will contact you to get the project started
The following are frequently asked questions about the Platinum Services Managed Upgrade.
Is my company eligible for a Managed Upgrade?
- All Platinum Support members with on-premise installations are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
How do I request a Managed Upgrade?
- You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/. Refer to the Request an Upgrade section for details.
What are our responsibilities for a Managed Upgrade?
- A completed upgrade questionnaire must be provided.
- Provide access to a development/staging environment.
- Timely assignment of resources.
How long will a Managed Upgrade take?
- On-premise CX Process upgrades of a development/staging environment typically takes 1 week.
Can Platinum Services upgrade all my environments?
- As a paid engagement, yes. Platinum Membership includes an upgrade of one development/staging environment only.