|Platinum Support Program | Platinum Services|
Your Aurea Monitor application is up to date with the latest features and technology.
Annual Managed Upgrades are recommended.
All Platinum Support members with on-premise Aurea Monitor platforms are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
Required Customer Inputs
- All information required in the service request is provided
- Access to a development or staging environment with Read/Write privileges
Platinum Team Final Outputs
- You have the latest version of Aurea Monitor running on a development or staging environment using your configuration and implementation.
- You will receive a Playbook, with step-by-step instructions based on the successful single environment upgrade, to enable you to perform the upgrade for your other environments.
- You submit a request for a Managed Upgrade in the support portal
- We provide a set of questionnaires and documents to be completed by you
- You provide a timely response using the provided documents
- Platinum Services will then:
- Perform an upgrade assessment and planning activities
- Implement the upgrade in a development or staging environment and perform non-functional tests
- Provides a Playbook with materials needed for your team to implement the upgrade in your other environments
- Your team implements the Aurea Monitor upgrade, following the provided Playbook, in your other environments such as Production
- Platinum Services provides support for the issue that can be replicated in the environment in which we implemented the upgrade
The following scope exclusions apply.
- No Access: If access to a development/staging environment cannot be provided to Platinum Services, a paid engagement will be required. This engagement would be for Aurea to provide upgrade assistance via screen sharing.
- Multiple Environment Assistance: If Platinum Services assistance is needed to upgrade other environments or to help resolve upgrade issues in other environments, a paid engagement would be required.
- Customized Plugins: Only out-of-the-box plugins will be upgraded. If customized plugins need to be upgraded as indicated by failing the non-functional testing then a paid engagement would be required.
On-premise Aurea Monitor upgrades of a development/staging environment typically take a week.
The following is a more detailed description of the delivery process.
|Upgrade Request||Create Request Case||• Submits case in customer's Aurea Monitor support portal||Customer||N/A|
|Respond to Request|
• Acknowledges receipt
• Works with customer to get required upgrade request information
• Informs customer the Platinum Project Manager will be in touch within 1 day
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Acknowledge Request Formally|
• Emails customer acknowledging receipt of the Platinum Service Request
• Provides a high-level overview of the next steps
Platinum Project Manager
|Project Set Up||Set Up Project Framework|
• Creates a project in an AureaWorks support group
• Posts initial project documents to the project space
|Platinum Consultant||2 days|
|Upgrade Preparation||Prepare for Upgrade|
• Download upgrade documentation files
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Prepare Environment for Upgrade|
• Download the most recent version of the software from the Support Portal Download Site
• Place appropriate downloaded software in a location on the hosts to be upgraded
|Upgrade Delivery||Backup Configuration Files||• Performs backups of installation folder structure holding configuration files||Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Upgrade Dev/Staging Environment|
• Upgrades development or staging environment
• Re-apply settings as needed
|Test||• Performs sanity test|
|Fix Issues and Retest||• Fixes issues as needed and retests|
|Upgrade Hand-off||Create Playbook||• Consolidate detailed notes taken during the upgrade process and create a step-by-step Playbook||Platinum Consultant||2 days|
• Review of Playbook
• Submission of changes or clarification in the Playbook
|Review change request and review|
• Discuss changes or classifications
• Make changes to the Playbook, as agreed
• Deliver final Playbook
|Delivery Final Playbook||• Provides final materials in the form of a Playbook to be used for the upgrade of other environments such as Production||Platinum Consultant|
|On-Call Support||Post Upgrade Support||• Available for on-call support of the Playbook||Platinum Consultant||Max 1 week|
Request an Upgrade
You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/.
- Enter case title: "[Customer Name] - Platinum Services Request: Managed Upgrade
- Provide the following information in the Description:
- Current Aurea Monitor Version
- Ideal Start Date
- Deadline Date for Completion
- Reason for the Deadline Date
- Acknowledge, that access to the development/staging system will be provided
- List of Customizations
- Platinum Services will respond to your request within 1 business day
- You will receive an upgrade questionnaire to complete and return
- A Project Manager will contact you to get the project started
The following are frequently asked questions about the Platinum Services Managed Upgrade.
- Is my company eligible for a Managed Upgrade?
- All Platinum Support members with on-premise installations are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
- How do I request a Managed Upgrade?
- You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/. Refer to the Request an Upgrade section for details.
- What are our responsibilities for a Managed Upgrade?
- A completed upgrade questionnaire must be provided.
- Provide access to a development/staging environment.
- Timely assignment of resources.
- How long will a Managed Upgrade take?
- On-premise Aurea Monitor upgrades of a development/staging environment typically take a week.
- Can Platinum Services upgrade all my environments?
- As a paid engagement, yes. Platinum Membership includes an upgrade of one development/staging environment only.