|Platinum Support Program | Platinum Services|
Audience: Customer IT and managers responsible for CX Monitor operations and maintenance.
Purpose: Assist customers with on-premise CX Monitor platforms to understand the upgrade process.
Your CX Monitor application is up to date with the latest features and technology.
Annual Managed Upgrades are recommended.
All Platinum Support members with on-premise CX Monitor platforms are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
Required Customer Inputs
- All information required in the service request is provided
- Access to a development or staging environment with Read/Write privileges
Platinum Team Final Outputs
- You have the latest version of CX Monitor running on a development or staging environment using your configuration and implementation.
- You will receive a Playbook, with step-by-step instructions based on the successful single environment upgrade, to enable you to perform the upgrade for your other environments.
- You submit a request for a Managed Upgrade in the support portal
- We provide a set of questionnaires and documents to be completed by you
- You provide a timely response using the provided documents
- Platinum Services will then:
- Perform an upgrade assessment and planning activities
- Implement the upgrade in a development or staging environment and perform non-functional tests
- Provides a Playbook with materials needed for your team to implement the upgrade in your other environments
- Your team implements the CX Monitor upgrade, following the provided Playbook, in your other environments such as Production
- Platinum Services provides support for the issue that can be replicated in the environment in which we implemented the upgrade
The following scope exclusions apply.
- No Access: If access to a development/staging environment cannot be provided to Platinum Services, a paid engagement will be required. This engagement would be for Aurea to provide upgrade assistance via screen sharing.
- Multiple Environment Assistance: If Platinum Services assistance is needed to upgrade other environments or to help resolve upgrade issues in other environments, a paid engagement would be required.
- Customized Plugins: Only out-of-the-box plugins will be upgraded. If customized plugins need to be upgraded as indicated by failing the non-functional testing then a paid engagement would be required.
On-premise CX Monitor upgrades of a development/staging environment typically take a week.
The following is a more detailed description of the delivery process.
|Upgrade Request||Create Request Case||• Submits case in customer's CX Monitor support portal||Customer||N/A|
|Respond to Request|
• Acknowledges receipt
• Works with customer to get required upgrade request information
• Informs customer the Platinum Project Manager will be in touch within 1 day
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Acknowledge Request Formally|
• Emails customer acknowledging receipt of the Platinum Service Request
• Provides a high-level overview of the next steps
Platinum Project Manager
|Project Set Up||Set Up Project Framework|
• Creates a project in an AureaWorks support group
• Posts initial project documents to the project space
|Platinum Consultant||2 days|
|Upgrade Preparation||Prepare for Upgrade|
• Download upgrade documentation files
|Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Prepare Environment for Upgrade|
• Download the most recent version of the software from the Support Portal Download Site
• Place appropriate downloaded software in a location on the hosts to be upgraded
|Upgrade Delivery||Backup Configuration Files||• Performs backups of installation folder structure holding configuration files||Platinum Consultant||1 day|
|Upgrade Dev/Staging Environment|
• Upgrades development or staging environment
• Re-apply settings as needed
|Test||• Performs sanity test|
|Fix Issues and Retest||• Fixes issues as needed and retests|
|Upgrade Hand-off||Create Playbook||• Consolidate detailed notes taken during the upgrade process and create a step-by-step Playbook||Platinum Consultant||2 days|
• Review of Playbook
• Submission of changes or clarification in the Playbook
|Review change request and review|
• Discuss changes or classifications
• Make changes to the Playbook, as agreed
• Deliver final Playbook
|Delivery Final Playbook||• Provides final materials in the form of a Playbook to be used for the upgrade of other environments such as Production||Platinum Consultant|
|On-Call Support||Post Upgrade Support||• Available for on-call support of the Playbook||Platinum Consultant||Max 1 week|
Request an Upgrade
You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/.
- Enter case title: "[Customer Name] - Platinum Services Request: Managed Upgrade
- Provide the following information in the Description:
- Current CX Monitor Version
- Ideal Start Date
- Deadline Date for Completion
- Reason for the Deadline Date
- Acknowledge, that access to the development/staging system will be provided
- List of Customizations
- Platinum Services will respond to your request within 1 business day
- You will receive an upgrade questionnaire to complete and return
- A Project Manager will contact you to get the project started
The following are frequently asked questions about the Platinum Services Managed Upgrade.
Is my company eligible for a Managed Upgrade?
- All Platinum Support members with on-premise installations are eligible for the Managed Upgrade.
How do I request a Managed Upgrade?
- You can request an upgrade by creating a request case in the Aurea Support Portal at https://support.aurea.com/. Refer to the Request an Upgrade section for details.
What are our responsibilities for a Managed Upgrade?
- A completed upgrade questionnaire must be provided.
- Provide access to a development/staging environment.
- Timely assignment of resources.
How long will a Managed Upgrade take?
- On-premise CX Monitor upgrades of a development/staging environment typically take a week.
Can Platinum Services upgrade all my environments?
- As a paid engagement, yes. Platinum Membership includes an upgrade of one development/staging environment only.