Force tagging?

Version 1

Is there any way to force tagging?  I don''t want to allow anyone to publish without tagging the document, blog, or discussion.

Thank you,

Meredith

hi Meredith,

Is there any way to force tagging?  I don''t want to

allow anyone to publish without tagging the document,

blog, or discussion.

Great feature idea (and funny because in our alpha releases we did force tagging on everything). This will definitely make it into the next release as an option that you can specify in the Admin Console.

Cheers,

AJ

Would it be possible to force a tag selection from an admin-configured list?  I''d like to ensure that each document/forum entry (at least) contains a tag identifying the product the document is referencing.

For example...we have three products A,B,C.  Upon document creation a user would have to tag the document with one or more of the products (A,B, or C).  I could envision a drop down or radio buttons above the current free text tag field which would allow a user to select one or more of the product identifying tags.

This would be very valuable as our spaces would contain information spanning several products.  The ability for our sales teams to quickly filter to a desired product would be extremely valuable.

Message was edited by: rboutin

hi rboutin,

Forcing a tag selection from a admin-configured list starts to sound a little bit like a category, which we''re talking about adding into the product back and forth about internally.  Expect to see something that addresses this need after the 1.1.0 release.

In the meantime, you could easily customize your editor templates (doc-create.ftl, postform.ftl and create-post.ftl) to force the user to select from a list of tags that you specify. If I was doing this, I think I''d add a property to the space (which you can do through the admin console) called ''tags'' whose value was the comma delimited list of tags that I wanted to prompt the user to choose from. Then I''d add some code in the editor templates mentioned above that retrieved the tags property (something like community.getProperty("tags")) and added a multi-select form element above or in the current tags portlet.

That help?

Cheers,

AJ

This document was generated from the following thread: Force tagging?