- After the customer instance is migrated to AWS, the breadcrumbs and the Edit, Share, and Actions button stop working on a document page
- This only applies to custom themes that have modified the default header elements.
Identifying if your theme is effected
- Open up any content item (Space and Group pages do not show the blocked navigation elements)
- Right-click in the space next to the breadcrumb navigation bar, and choose Inspect (or similar if not using Chrome)
- Once you pick Inspect the developer console should open up
- Highlight the "custom-header" <div> element in the developer console
- Check the blue highlighted area over the header, if the blue area covers the navigation links, the header's height needs adjusted
If the inspected element is a j-wrap clearfix element (as seen in step 8 below) then you do not need to make any changes.
How to fix the header
- Go to your avatar (as a system administrator) and click on themes
- In the top menu, go to Advance
- In "Header & Navigation Style". select custom.
- Click on "Edit Now"
5. On the "Site Header CSS" section, find the #j-cust-head style element
6. Find and compare the heights of the .custom-header and #j-cust-head elements; they should match
7. Click on Apply
8. Save & Preview theme
9. When your header no longer overlaps the breadcrumbs, it is ready to publish.