Version 2

Community Managers

VersionAm I Affected?ImpactWhat to Do
    Jive cloud 2016.x

Possibly, to check:

Navigate to {Your Community URL}/apps/market

• If you see the appsmarket working: Yes
    • If you see an error page: No
    If your community was grandfathered into still using the apps market, some publicly available apps in the apps market will no longer be available.Inform your community that apps that aren't installed as add-ons will no longer be available.
    Jive cloud 2019.x

Possibly, to check:

Navigate to {Your Community URL}/apps/market

If your community was grandfathered into still using the apps market, some publicly available apps in the apps market will no longer be available.Inform your community that apps that aren't installed as add-ons will no longer be available.
    Jive 9NoNoneNothing
    Jive 8Possibly, to check:Navigate to: {Your Community URL}/apps/market
    If you are still using the apps market, some publicly available apps in the apps market will no longer be available.Inform your community that apps that aren't installed as add-ons will no longer be available.
    Jive 7 or earlierYesApps market integration framework will no longer be availableUpgrade to a newer (Preferably supported) version of Jive to utilize the add-ons Framework

Developers:

What's the deal with the Jive App Gateway?

The Jive App Gateway acted as a secure proxy between Jive and backend services for apps. It was used to verify that apps are communicating with an authorized Jive community. Some apps in the apps market used this mechanism for authentication. As these apps migrate to add-ons, they may continue to use the App Gateway and will need to be updated to use  OAuth 2.0 for authentication instead. If you have not migrated your app into an add-on yet, please follow the instructions below

How do I build an add-on?

A Jive add-on is a package file, containing configuration settings and other data, that can be installed into your Jive community. To create an add-on, you will have to create two metadata files (meta.json, definition.json) with information about your app and then bundle this information, along with some additional assets, into an add-on package. And then you can upload the add-on into your community.

WARNING ABOUT TURNING DEV CONSOLE APPS INTO ADD-ONS

If you already published your app using the Dev Console, you must FIRST migrate your app before building/installing an add-on yourself. If you don't migrate your app first, the apps market version will not be removed properly! Refer to "How do I migrate a Dev Console app?" below. Once you have successfully migrated your app to an add-on, you can follow the instructions above when it is time to revise/update your app (inside an add-on).Before installing this add-on, be sure to:

• Set the "id" value in meta.json to the same UUID as the dev console app UUID.
    • Set the "osapps.id" value in definition.json to the same UUID as the dev console app UUID.
    • From the Admin Console of your Jive instance, set the following system property to "true": "jive.extension.app.migration.upload.permitted"

How do I migrate a Dev Console app?

You can migrate an Apps Market app (that you published using the Dev Console) by following the instructions below for "How do I access the Add-ons Registry?" to browse for and install the app as an add-on. Once you install the app as an add-on, it will automatically be migrated properly and the Apps Market version will no longer be available.

Once you have migrated an app to an add-on, you can modify/revise the app by bundling it in an add-on as described above in "How do I build an add-on?" and installing it into your community. Be sure to read the "WARNING ABOUT TURNING DEV CONSOLE APPS INTO ADD-ONS" in that same section.

How do I access the Add-ons Registry?

The Add-ons Registry is a method for distributing and installing add-ons published by 3rd parties. It is similar to the Apps Market, except that it is for all kinds of add-ons (containing apps, tiles, streams, external storage frameworks, etc.). Unlike the Apps Market, once a community manager installs an add-on into the community, the contents of that add-on become available to everybody in the community (rather than just to individuals who manually install the app). As a community manager, you can access the Add-ons Registry via the Add-Ons menu item:

And then select the "Available" tab:

Note that this list contains both add-ons available to all communities as well as add-ons available just to your community — specifically, you will see apps that you previously published through the Dev Console. To migrate/install an add-on, click Install beside the appropriate add-on. Once you install the add-on, the associated app in the Apps Market will no longer be available — this is to prevent users from having two copies of this same app.

If you would like to make your add-on available to the Global Add-ons Registry (so that all communities can download it), contact your Jive representative.

How do I check whether my app was published with the Dev Console?

If you select the app from the Apps menu of your Jive Community, a Dev Console app should have a URL with the pattern "{jive-url}/apps/local/{app-name}", where {jive-url} is the URL of your Jive community and {app-name} is the name of the app. The key detail to identify a Dev Console app is that the /local/ subfolder is present. (This path can also be found in the "apppath" column of the "jiveapp" table in the "jive_sbs" database of your Jive instance.)