The Forms and Surveys App allows users to create, edit or publish forms and analyse form results. The form data resides in the middleware server and can be exported in different formats. Users can choose to publish the results of the form as a document in Jive.
Pre-requisites (done by JEP Team)
Set System Properties
1. Go to Jive Admin > System > Management > System Properties, set the following system properties to whitelist calls from Jive to the Forms and Surveys middleware:
jive.apps.proxy.whitelist.cidrs = <instance URL of middleware> (This address would be used for the service URL in the meta.json of the extension.zip file)
jive.api.whitelist.cidrs = <instance URL of middleware> (This address would be used for the service URL in the meta.json of the extension.zip file)
2. Set the system properties to define the middleware service address:
formsapp.jive.service.url = <instance URL of middleware> (This address would be used for the service URL in the meta.json of the extension.zip file)
3. Set the system properties to permit impersonation calls from formsapp to Jive (Core V3 API - Run-As Feature & Signed Add-Ons):
jive.api.run_as.strategies = userid (to impersonate calls for some functionalities of the Forms and Surveys App to Jive from the middleware).
Create user groups
1. Go to Jive Admin > People > Create User Group to create the following two user groups:
- forms-surveys-admins (members are administrators and authors of Forms and Surveys App)
- forms-surveys-authors (members are authors of Forms and Surveys App)
How to install Forms and Surveys App?
1. Go to Jive Admin Console > Open the Avatar Menu > Add-ons.
2. Windows: Ctrl + Click and Mac: Ctrl + Click on the >Upload Package button so that add-on package can be signed.
3. Paste the add-on's UUID into the sign package field highlighted in the screenshot.
4. Click > Sign. This returns a signature
5. Copy the Signature and place it inside the definition.json file within the top-level of the add-on's zip.
The zip file will need to be extracted for this.
6. Click on Configure Now, which will open a modal window. Wait for confirmation that the middleware service URL was saved and click Save and Close.
7. Click Save and Activate now
Please wait for the Confirmation message stating that the App has been successfully installed!
How to access Forms & Surveys App?
1. Go to a place where Forms to be published as external objects
2. Click on Manage > Settings in the top right corner
3. Click on Add a stream integration, which displays the Forms/Surveys App option as shown below:
No configuration is required. The following screen appears:
4. Click on Save to save the space settings
5. In the actions menu of a place: Go to Action -> Create Form
6. If you are an Admin or Author in the User Groups described above: Go to your Profile > More > My Forms/Surveys
How to create/edit a Form using the Forms & Surveys App?
1b. Go to Pencil icon -> Create Forms/Survey as shown below:
1b. Go to Apps -> Forms and Surveys App as shown below:
1c. Go to Action -> Create Form
2. The following screen is displayed, listing all forms created so far under the tab MY FORMS/SURVEYS. (The other tab SHARED FORMS/SURVEYS lists all those forms where the currently logged in user has been added as a co-author.)
The user can either:
- create a new form/survey by selecting + CREATE FORM/SURVEY
- edit an existing form/survey by selecting the relevant form title from the list displayed under Form/Survey Preview Title.
CONFIGURATION CONSOLE will not be available for non-admin users of Forms & Surveys App.
How to configure a Form using the Forms & Surveys App?
A new Form can be configured using the various Form fields as shown below:
|Form fields ||Description|
In the next screen, provide a suitable Title for the new Form and select Create Form/Survey
Next, use the form fields displayed on the top in the subsequent screen to configure the overall form:
- CONFIGURATION tab: provide details here to set the overall configuration of the form
- FIELDS tab: provide the information items (fields) to be displayed on the form
- CONDITIONS tab: add conditions, based on which the fields will be displayed on the form
- RESULTS tab: displays the inputs provided by the user, after he/she completes and submits the form
At any point in time, select DELETE FORM on the top right corner to remove this form from the App
Select VIEW PREVIEW to have a glimpse of the configured form that will be displayed to the user.
- Form/Survey Preview Description: Enter a brief description about this form
- Form/Survey Preview Image URL: Provide the URL for the image to be displayed in the external object (which represents the form) published in a place
- Publish Location: Specify the Place, where the configured form can be viewed
- In a Place: Place: Form/Survey will be published as external object in a Jive place. User can only select a place he/she has access to
- Hidden: Form/Survey will not be published as external object in a Jive place but can be accessed via direct link by Admins, Authors and Co-Authors
- Specific People: Form/Survey will not be published as external object in a Jive place but can be accessed via direct link by Participants (and Admins, Authors and Co-Authors)
- Public: Form/Survey will not be published as external object in a Jive place but can be accessed via direct link by any registered user
Enable/disable the following form elements as required:
- Form Start/End date and time: Time period during which the form will be active/valid.
- Allow users to complete this Form multiple times: Allows the Author to enable/disable multiple submissions of the Form/Survey. Default: Single submission
- Anonymous submission: If enabled, User details will not be sent when submitting the completed form
- Display Start/End Pages: If disabled, will not display the Welcome and Thank you pages in the form
- Save submission as Jive native content: If enabled:
- can save to a selected Place as Document / Blog Post / Question / Discussion
- a TEMPLATE tab also appears on top of the screen along with the other tabs to facilitate the same funtionality
- Manage Co-authors: Select to add users (from a drop-down list), who can also author this form. On addition, the co-authors and their details will be listed below this field.
Forms/Surveys Admin: Can configure App and access all Forms and Survey from all users
Forms/Surveys Co-author: Can access the App and create, update, delete his/her own Forms/Survey
Select SAVE to save the configurations.
SAVE AND PUBLISH: Saves the form and publishes in the selected place (usage if "Publish Location: In a Place" is selected)
FIELDS tab - > Select Field:
Items under Select Field can be selected as appropriate to set up various input fields on the form.
On selection of a field, the subsequent screen:
- requests further details about the field (on the left-hand side), and also simultaneously displays the actual field display on the form (on the right-hand side).
- can be used to provide title of input field, a description to guide the user and indicate if it should be a mandatory (*) field or not
- provides the SAVE button which on selection, updates the field configuration on the form.
Explanation of the various input fields:
- Textbox: Select to add text inputs fields.
- Radiobox: Select to allow user to pick an option from several options displayed via radio buttons. Use + Add Option to add as many options to be displayed on the form
- Date: Select if the user is to input a date
- Yes/No: Select if user is to input either Yes or No
- Link: Select to accept a url as input.
- Info Text: Select to allow user to provide free-flow text as input
- Profile Fields: will b hidden to the user. so to be described here?
- E-Mail address: Select to capture an email address input type
- Dropdown: Select to allow user to pick an option from several options displayed via a drop-down list. Use + Add Option to add as many drop-drop values to be displayed on the form.
- Textarea: Select to allow user to provide free-flow text within an area frame
- Legal: Select to allow "I accept/ I don't accept" agreements
- Rating: Select to facilitate the user to evaluate. Specify Number of Steps as the rating scale and also the Shape of the rating icon.
- Numbers: Input fiedl which accepts numeric values only
- Checkbox: Select to allow user to pick an option from several options displayed as check-boxes.
FIELDS tab -> Configure Start Page:
Use the fields available here for displaying a Welcome note to introduce the form to the user.
This will be displayed to the user before he/she can start providing inputs in the form.
FIELDS tab -> Configure End Page:
Use the fields available here for displaying a closure note/thank you message for providing the inputs on the form.
This screen will be displayed to the user after successfully submitting the Form/Survey.
Specify condition(s) to help decide when a field is to be displayed or hidden on the form so as to seek user's inputs selectively.
All Fields can be used to build conditions except "Info Text" and "Checkbox"
Any one of the following Condition parameters can be selected:
is equal to
is not equal to
does not contain
does not end with
does not start with
Only fields matching the condition will be displayed to the user.
|Select + Add New Conditional Rule to add several rules.|
For each Condition, specify the condition that should match the value in the Form field, based on which one or more Form fields are to be displayed.
Displays the results of the data captured after the form has been submitted by the user.
Selected or ALL Results can be exported as JSON or CSV formats. Number of items/page can be customized.
On creating a form, the URL is automatically created. This link can be copied and used to access the configured form.
How to submit a Form using the Forms & Surveys App?
1. Go to Apps -> Forms and Surveys App -> Select the configured Form under MY FORMS/SURVEYS or SHARED FORMS/SURVEYS appropriately -> URL tab -> Copy the URL
2. Use the link to complete the Form.
3. Finally, select SUBMIT button.