How to configure the Ghost Publish Plugin?
Step 1. Install Ghost Publish Plugin
1. Go to Jive admin console>System>Plugins.
2. Add Plugin>Choose a File>Upload.
3. Full restart Jive.
Install via JCA.
Ghost Publish Plugin is installed successfully!
There are 5 main options available to configure the Ghost Publish Plugin.
1. Go to Jive Admin Console>System>Plugins>Ghost Publish
2. Select the Feature>Click on Save.
Step 3. Enable Ghost Blogging for Space
Note. It is recommended to DISABLE Ghost Publish Plugin in Step 2. so that it can be ENABLED for specific SPACE as required otherwise, it won't work.
1. Go to Jive Admin Console>Spaces>Settings>Extended Properties menu, and using the "Change Space" link at the top select the Space that you wish to add Ghost Blogging functionality to.
2. Enter the Property Name: ps.plugins.ghostpublish.ghost.publish.enabled and Property Value: TRUE.
Step 4. Enable Ghost Blogging for a Social Group
1. Go to Jive UI Console>System>Management>System Properties.
2. Add System property: ps.plugins.ghostpublish.ghost.publish.enabled and Property Value: TRUE
3. Click Save.
Note: Ghost Publishing is set globally for Social Groups using system properties.
Important. Make sure you have your Timezone preference set in your User Preferences or the Ghost Publish Plugin will not be able to function.
1. Ghost Publish content
- Go to Place(Group/Space)>Click on Pencil icon>Create Document.
- Save it in the DRAFT mode.
- Go to Navigation menu in the Place>Actions>Click on Ghost Publish.
- Go to Content>Actions>Ghost Comment.
Ghost Comment option is not available if the content is not published.
In case the user is not a place admin, then he/she will see the following error message after Publishing, although the process would still be successfully completed:
- in the case of Space:
- in the case of Group:
Features of Ghost Publish Plugin
|Ghost Comment||This feature enables or disables Ghost Comment functionality globally in the Jive Community. You can use the "Disabled" option so that Ghost Comment can be enabled per place basis. It allows you to keep the ghost comment functionality restricted to a narrower set of people who need to use it.||ps.plugins.ghostpublish.ghost.comment.enabled|
|Ghost Publish||This feature enables or disables Ghost Publish functionality globally in the Jive Community. You can use the "Disabled" option so that Ghost Publish can be enabled per place basis. It allows you to keep the ghost publish functionality restricted to a narrower set of people who need to use it.||ps.plugins.ghostpublish.ghost.publish.enabled|
When enabled, ONLY users (Editors) will be able to publish/comment on behalf of other users (Authors), if there is a relationship between them.
The list of Ghost Relationships is also maintained on the main configuration page.
This feature requires that the users who are ghost blogging for someone are being followed by them in Jive first. It adds a layer of security if Ghost Blogging is enabled all over the community without restriction by making sure that users are following one another before they can blog for one another.
It is recommended that this feature be "Disabled" and that you use the Ghost Blog Enabled feature to restrict access to a narrower set of Places.
|Audit Log||This feature, when set to Enabled, keeps a detailed record of whenever authorship is changed on a draft of a blog post. It makes sure that there is a record of all changes, and that abuse could be easily tracked if necessary. It is recommended that this feature be set to "Enabled".||ps.plugins.ghostpublish.audit.enabled|