1. Go to Admin Console > People > Create User Group.
1a. Create two User Groups as follows:
Group name: "Multi-Language Admins" Members of this group can manage changes to the Settings of the Multi-Language Add-on.
Group name: "Multi-Language Editors" Members of this group can use the features of the Multi-Language Add-on.
1b. Add the appropriate user accounts as Members to the Groups created in Step 1a.
2. Download the latest version of Multi-Language Add-on.
3. Go to Jive admin console > Your avatar > Add-Ons.
4. Click on Upload Package and upload Multi-Language Add-on (extension.)zip file.
5. Go to Jive Admin Console > Your avatar > Add-Ons > Multi-language add-on.
6. Go to the Settings of the Multi-language add-on.
7. Click on the gear settings under Apps Security.
8. Remove 'All registered users' and add 'Multi-language Editors' and "Multi-Language Admins" groups.
Multi-language addon is installed successfully!
9. Log in to your Jive instance.
10. From the Navigation bar, select Apps menu > Multi-Language Add-on or select the URL: <Your instance>/apps/multi-language-app.
11. The Settings page of the Multi Language Add-on is displayed.
12. In the Available Languages field: Select all the languages that should be made available for the Users and the Default Language, which will be chosen automatically as the default Interface language.
13. Select the Language Profile Field value from the dropdown options and provide the respective field values to be mapped against the Available Languages selected as shown in the Table Map Profile Field Values to languages:
13a. Configuration options
Avatar > Edit Profile > "Language Profile Field"
Avatar > Preferences > (Preference) Language
Please refer to the following matrix:
14. In the field Content available in User Language Mode, select one of the following values as appropriate:
Select Message to configure a Message to be displayed on content and places which informs the user that the content or place is also available in their selected language
Enable Redirect to automatically redirect the user the correct language (not recommended)
else, select None as set by default.
15. Exclude Editors from Content Available in User Language: This option disables the message or redirect chosen above for Authors.
16. Debug Enabled: Debug is a developer only feature to support issue analysis.
17. Click on Save.
18. Select a Jive Content e.g. Document, Discussion, Video or Blog Post.
19. Go to Actions > Click on Manage Content Languages.
User should be a member of the Multi-Language Editors group to be able to view this option.
20. Select the Language of the current content, e.g. English and click on Save.
The Content Language has been set successfully!
20a. The screen to create or link other language versions is displayed as follows:
21. Create the other language versions by selecting the appropriate language and click on Create. For example, select German as Language and then click on Create.
21a. The document is created for the German version.
21b. Click on the title to navigate to it and translate it manually.
21c. If the content to be linked already exists in another language within the Community, click on Search next to the appropriate language. On selecting the appropriate document, the Multi-Language Add-on adds it as a linked content.
21d. Similarly continue to create in other languages and translate the contents, as appropriate.
Only content of same content type can be linked e.g. all documents, all blog posts
22. To remove a linked content, click on Unlink option next to the appropriate linked content.
Types of Jive contents excluded by the Multi-Language Add-on: Status Updates, Tasks, Messages and Events
23. Create Places for different languages to be linked subsequently via Multi-Language Add-on.
24. Go to one of them > Click on Actions > Manage Place Languages.
25. Select the Language of the current Group (e.g. English) > Save.
26. Select the other linked place language (here German) > Search > Select from the list and close the window.
The Place has been linked!
Link Place Pages
27. Create Pages for different languages to be linked subsequently via Multi-Language Add-on. Go to Manage > Create a Page.
28. Go to one of the Pages, e.g. English. Select Manage > Manage Place Languages.
29. Go to Language and change to Multilingual and click on Save.
30. In Assign languages to pages, select the Page name and the language to be linked to it under Assign language. Click on Assign.
Pages successfully linked!
31. Continue to link the other Pages based on the languages opted.