Version 4

Steps to configure Group Delete Workflow

Configuration of the Group Delete Workflow Plugin is available under Admin Console > System > Plugins > Group Workflow.

1. Go to Jive Admin Console > System > Plugins > Group Workflow Settings.

2. To enable this feature, select all the options (as per the detailed description provided for each option).

If this workflow is ENABLED then

• Group is archived first.

• Group gets deleted permanently on the basis of a cron job.

Archival Flow
    • When the cleanup is enabled, the Archive Task selects the Social Group deleted by the User and performs the automatic archival of the Group.
    • The archival of a Social Group is composed of the following actions:
      • Convert the Group to a Secret Group.
      • Removes the current Owners and Members of the Group.
      • Adds the Archived Group Owner as the new Owner of the secret Social Group.
      • Creates a Document (log) in the Archived Logs Group containing the list of Owners/Members of the Social Group and some basic metadata about the Group like Name, Creation date, etc.
    • Next the Social Group will remain in the Trash Can.for as many number of days configured. after being archived and before being deleted.

When the Social Group is in "archived" state, it can be restored but restoring the owners/members of those Groups is a manual process (i.e. the plugin will not restore the owners/members prior to the archival).

Deletion Flow
    • When the cleanup is enabled, the Delete Task selects all Social Groups which have been archived for longer than the specified amount and performs a hard delete (i.e. removed from the application forever, no restore)
    • Once all the Social Groups are deleted, a Document is also created in the Archived Logs Group containing the list of Groups which have been deleted for each execution of the Delete Task.

Once the Social Groups have been deleted, these can no longer be restored and are gone forever.

Flowchart:

• When enabled, if a Full Access Admin User deletes a Social Group then the Group is deleted from the application (i.e Jive default behavior).
    • When disabled, if a User deletes a Social Group then the Group is deleted from the application (i.e. Jive default behavior).
    Mandatory settings of Group Activity Workflow

1. Number of days before a Social Group is permanently deleted after being archived.

2. Social Group ID to which the Group Workflow shall post logs about archiving and delete activities.

Optional settings of Group Activity Workflow

1. UserID who should admin Log Group.

2. Cron job for Clear Trash Can Schedule. The task to permanently delete archived groups is set to run every 30 minutes by default (expression: 0 0/30 * * *?)