Create Ghost Author Relationships
(Ghost Publish Configuration Admin - Members of this user group can manage Ghost Author Relationships)
1. Access the Configuration via
- <instance URL> /apps/ghost-publish-configuration-add-on or
- create Menu > Ghost Publish Configuration Add-On
In case you don't see the menu item but are a member of the user group please log out and back in.
2. Set up a Ghost Author Relationship - this allows an Editor to post on behalf of an Author.
- Select + Create Relationship
- Provide appropriate details
Editor: User who publishes on behalf of Author
Author: User in who's name the content is created
Place (Optional): Limit the permission to a particular place or leave blank to allow ghost publishing into Any Place
Expiration Date: Time until which the permission is granted
Check appropriately the Content Type(s) to be Ghost-Published
Save to add the Editor to User Group: Ghost Publish Add-On Editors automatically to access the Ghost Publish Action Modal
Ghost Author Relationship created successfully!
Editor will need to log out of Jive and back in to see Ghost Publish Action
Manage Ghost Author Relationships
Pencil: Modify an existing relationship (Expiration Date and Content Types)
Disabled: Deactivate relationship - user will no longer be able to publish on behalf
Relationships once created are permanently retained for audit purposes.
Ghost Publish Actions
1. Create a Source content (e.g. Document, Blog, etc.) post anywhere in the Community and publish it.
2. Go to Actions > Ghost Publish to view the Ghost Publish Action Modal:
3. Select details: Author, Place, Content Type to be Posted as, Schedule date and time (optional)
4. Click on Publish. Content is scheduled for publishing.
Content will be published in target place with a delay of up to 2 mins.
- This content was published by [Editor] on [Date and Time] in [Place] on behalf of [Author]. Go to Content. Update Content.
- This content will be published by [Editor] on [Date and Time] in [Place] on behalf of [Author]. Cancel publishing of content.
- This content ghost published by [Editor] on [Date and Time] in [Place] on behalf of [Author] failed to publish. Please click here to try again.
Done by JEP Team / Professional Services
Set System Properties
1. Go to Admin Console > System > Management > System Properties and add the following properties:
- services.ghostPublish.serviceURL = <value is the url to the middleware>
- jive.api.whitelist.cidrs = <value is the url to the middleware, add url to existing list>
- jive.apps.proxy.whitelist.cidrs = <value is the url to the middleware, add url to existing list>
- jive.api.run_as.strategies = userid (add to existing list if present)
services.ghostPublish.serviceURL = https://ps-ghost-publish-addon.aws-eu-west-1-prod.svc.jivehosted.com
jive.api.whitelist.cidrs = 10.82.0.0/16
jive.apps.proxy.whitelist.cidrs = 10.82.0.0/16
jive.api.run_as.strategies = userid
services.ghostPublish.serviceURL = https://ps-ghost-publish-addon.aws-us-east-1-prod.svc.jivehosted.com
jive.api.whitelist.cidrs = 10.125.0.0/16
jive.apps.proxy.whitelist.cidrs = 10.125.0.0/16
jive.api.run_as.strategies = userid
Create User Groups
2. Go to Admin Console > People > Create User Group.
2a. Create the permission group Ghost Publish Add-On Editors - Members of this Group will be able to Ghost Publish
2b. Create the permission group Ghost Publish Configuration Admin - Members of this Group can manage Ghost Author Relationships
3. Add the appropriate users as Members to the Groups created in Step 2b
Install the Add-On
4. Go to Jive Admin Console > Your avatar > Add-Ons.
5. If using Windows: click on <Ctrnl>+ Upload Package; if using MAC: click on <cmd> + Upload Package.
This will return a Signature panel to enter the UUID Signature Code.
6. Enter the UUID Signature Code (f30965ce-9e71-11ea-bb37-0242ac130002) and select Sign. Copy the Signature string returned.
7. Open the unzipped add-on's folder. Open the definition.json and paste the Signature string at the following line: "jiveServiceSignature": "<<< replace me >>>",
8. Save the definition.json file.
9. Compress all the files contained in this folder and name it.
10. Go to Your Avatar > Add-Ons > Upload Package > Choose File and upload the newly compressed zipped file and select Install Now.
11. Select the gear icon under Apps Security for Ghost Publish App
12. Remove All Registered Users displayed by default in the Manage App User Groups screen displayed as shown below, add Ghost Publish Add-On Editors and select Save Changes:
13. Select the gear icon under Apps Security for Ghost Publish Config App
14. Remove All Registered Users displayed by default in the Manage App User Groups screen displayed as shown below, add Ghost Publish Configuration Admin and select Save Changes:
16. Select Configure now
17. Select Save and Activate.