Supportal FAQ

Welcome to the Supportal!

This document provides our customers with the information necessary to receive support from Jive Software.  Jive's Supportal is an instance of Jive SBS where customers can file cases, store related documents, and participate in projects.  It is also where you can give feedback about the Supportal itself.  Cases typically consist of problems, questions, bugs, or feature requests.  Projects are created by our Professional Services department.

Please leave a comment if you think there's something we missed or should clarify.

How do I get access to my company group?

A current group member or Jive employee must invite you to join the group.  If you are not sure who to ask for an invitation, email accountsupport@jivesoftware.com.

If you are invited to join a group, login to jivesoftware.com before following the link in the email invitation.

If you do not yet have a Jivespace account, create an account here, registering with the address the invitation was sent to.  Then follow the link sent in the email invitation and click on Join this Group.

secret_group.jpg

Approval is required and is generally given the same business day the request is made.

How do I grant access to my company group?

To add others click on Invite people to join this group from the Actions menu in your group.  You may either search for a Jivespace account or just enter an email address.

How do I find my company group?

Where do I get my downloads and license?

They are on the Purchases tab inside My AccountYou can also get there by clicking on My Account at the top of the page, then Purchases.  Users must be registered and logged in to see this, though this information is hidden for our hosted customers since we take care of their deployments.

How do I contact Jive?

Please submit a case.

How do I create a case?  And what are all these fields?

Create your case from your company group or email support@jivesoftware.com.  For email submission, you 1) must have a Jivespace account, 2) be a member of a company group with a current Support contract, and 3) cannot be a contact for more than one account/company.

Important: Because each email to support@jivesoftware.com opens a new case, do not include the address in an email thread, or each reply will open a new case.  It should be the sole recipient, used only for case submittal.

In your company group, choose Create a Case from the Actions menu.

fields3.0.1.jpg

**See a screencast of a new case here.

How will I know when Jive has responded?

If you create a new case, you will receive a Watch email when a reply is posted.  For any case not created by you, use the Receive Email Notifications link In the Actions menu on the right hand side of the page.  To receive Watches for all content in your company group, use the Receive Email Notifications link in the Notifications menu on the Overview tab.  To manage your Email Notifications Preferences, go to Your Stuff->Preferences.

How do I reply to a case?

You can either reply within the Supportal, or reply to your Watch email.  If you are replying within the Supportal, please remember to change the status to Waiting on Jive.  This will alert Support that you have updated your case.  If you are only adding information and need more time to respond, please do keep the status as Waiting on Customer.  If the issue has been resolved, it should be marked as Closed.

Who can see our company group?

Company groups are Secret, so only Jive employees and the group's members can see the content or view it in the Groups list.

How do I ask about my account if I don't have access to my company's group?

Please email accountsupport@jivesoftware.com for assistance.

What next?

We recommend you read the Supportal Best Practices document to familiarize yourself with the best ways to give us what we need to better solve your cases.

Feedback

Please let us know if you encounter any problems within the Supportal or if you have any suggestions for how we can improve your experience.

Thank you,

Jive Support