This is the list of questions I ask when onboarding a new community within a social business software platform (such as the Jive Community). This list was developed by Jive Strategy Consulting. If you have suggestions for improving this list, please comment!
- Why do you want to launch a community? What are your business objectives?
- How are you achieving that objective today, without a community? Describe any processes, and tools used to try to achieve it. What's the "from" you want to leave behind?
- How do you envision achieving those objectives with a community? Describe the new processes, and any specific features you envision using. What's the "to" you want become?
- What are the benefits to your members? To your division/department/team/group?
- What do members want? Complete the sentence, "I want to..." from their perspective.
- What will success look like?
- How is this measured today?
- Who cares about getting reports, and why?
- How important is it to prove the value of this community, and to whom?
- Who are your key community members?
- What are your executives expecting out of this community?
- What names come to mind for advocates for your community?
- Who might help you manage your community?