Actions to Take On Analytics - Examples and Explanations

Version 3

Background

It's all very well to talk about taking action on analytics, but deciding what action to take may not be so obvious. Let's generate a library of actions to take in specific situations.

Instructions

To contribute to this page, edit it and add your ideas. Add your name as the author of the idea, both so you get appropriate credit and so people know who to contact if they'd like to follow up with you.

Select the text of your entry's title and use the Style - Header 1 formatting so it will appear nicely in the table of contents on this page.

Send a Survey

Ted Hopton, United Business Media

Create a short survey using a tool such as Survey Monkey (my personal favorite) and send it to people whose activity in the community has increased. Here's an example showing the questions we use: Survey Questions: UBM Increased Member Contribution Activity.

Send a Personal Email

Sometimes I'll send a personal email to a community member when either their data or survey response indicates there's an opportunity to be seized. If there's something really positive, I'll reach out with praise and thanks, asking to learn more about what they are doing. If there's a complaint or a question, I'll reach out directly to mitigate the issue or answer the question, often suggesting resources or offering assistance.