This version has been deprecated in favor of the newly released Jive for Office. Please refer to this page for the newest version: https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-71246
NOTE: Version 1.6 and higher is only supported if you're using Jive version 184.108.40.206 or higher. If you use an earlier version, see https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-34016.
Jive Connects for Microsoft Office is a commercial solution for Jive. An additional commercial add-on license is required to use the module. In order to take advantage of this solution, please contact your Jive sales representative.
You can check out a quick demo of Jive for Office here.
Note: For the client update below, the attached jar files did not change. The client software will be updated with the new version automatically, if necessary.
Jive for Office 1.7.5 (client)
05.31.2012: Fixes the following issues:
- OUTLOOK-1821 Change the default installation location from %appdata% to %localappdata%
- OUTLOOK-1822 Add support for reading from Current User, allowing registry changes for a single non-admin user
- OUTLOOK-1823 Need to support the INSTALLDIR parameter for Current User. (This parameter isn't supported for All Users installation.)
- OUTLOOK-1824 Improve security erroring during login with Session-Based and oAuth authentication
- OUTLOOK-1826 Add retries when verifying oAuth access token
- OUTLOOK-1827 Error #407 returned during proxy server authentication
- OUTLOOK-1828 Problems using the same account for both Jive for Office and Jive for Outlook
- OUTLOOK-1829 Add installation support for non-admin users
- OUTLOOK-1832 When resolving baseURL system information results in a server timeout, application login also times out.
Jive for Office 220.127.116.11 and Jive for Office 18.104.22.168
02.29.2012: Fixes the following issue:
- This release provides the capability for persisting user credentials securely using oAuth. You can enable oAuth authentication in the admin console at System > Settings > Jive for Office > Advanced. This release also includes a variety of bug fixes that improve product stability, general usability, and SSO implementations.
Jive for Office 22.214.171.124
10.22.2012: Update for compatibility with Jive 6.0
Jive for Office 126.96.36.199 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Office 188.8.131.52 - Jive 5.0.x (Server Plugins)
01.31.2012: Adds the following new features:
- A new auto-update feature (found at System > Settings > Jive for Office > Auto Update) pushes new version notifications to the System > Settings > Jive for Office > Client Binaries tab and enables automatic or manual updates of the client binaries installed on your Jive server. The default setting is automatic update.
- A new Plugin Usage feature (found at System > Settings > Jive for Office > Client Binaries) provides user implementation and feature usage data for Jive for Office and Jive for Outlook.
Jive for Office
01.03.2012: For this release, only the Office plugin server component was updated. The client plugin remains at version 1.7.2.
Jive for Office version 1.7.2 (Client plugin)
12.15.2011: Fixes the following issue:
- [OFFISYNC-1957] Clipboard not cleared after merge
- [OFFISYNC-1958] Check for updates does not retrieve the latest version
- [OFFISYNC-1959] Duplicate changes in PPT
- [OFFISYNC-1960] Exiting review mode manually creates duplicates in Word
Jive for Office version 1.7.1 - Jive 4.5.6.x
11.23.2011: Fixes the following issue:
- [OFFISYNC-1949] Security warnings in Internet Explorer 8
- [OUTLOOK-1245] Outlook client download is stuck on 38M
- [OFFISYNC-1947] CSRF for Core API when Instance URL is virtual path
- [OFFISYNC-1946] – Downloading binaries using IE 6, 7, and 8 fails. This problem is caused by an IE issue that can be repaired using the client-side fix described in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323308. However, the following server-side workaround is recommended: add the following lines to the cache.conf file in all web nodes of the Jive application. The cache.conf file is usually located in: /etc/jive/httpd/conf.d
- SetEnvIf Request_URI ".*\.exe$" MSIE_CACHE
- SetEnvIf Request_URI ".*\.msi$" MSIE_CACHE
Jive for Office version 1.7 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Office version 1.7 - Jive 5.0.x
11.8.2011: Updated release for 4.5.6 - fixes the following issues:
* OUTLOOK-174 - New binaries for the Office client can’t be uploaded through the admin console.
* OFFISYNC-532 - Office module does not work with an Oracle database.
* OFFISYNC-1754 - During rapid, repeated document saves, document merges may not succeed.