Internal Community Manager
This individual will have a key role within Nuance's Corporate Communications group, where s/he will start up, grow and manage Nuance's online employee community. We're looking for a highly-motivated and charismatic individual with strong relevant experience and a demonstrated passion for social media and online communities. After the platform is launched, this person will be responsible for the management, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Nuance online employee community.
- Instrumental in pre-rollout and startup phase of Nuance's employee community, including designing plan to attract users to the platform
- Create new spaces within community and train community facilitators across the organization who may have limited or no experience with community management
- Actively grow employee community, forging strong relationships with community champions and subject matter experts to ensure steady flow of engagi, useful and accurate content
- Develop and deliver compelling content for the community platform and strive to enhance community experience as users move up the "virtual social ladder"
- Ensure community content is consistent with the Nuance brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging
- Moderate site and user conduct, answer posted questions and engage with community members to facilitate interaction and optimize use of platform
- Flag to senior management and/or respond to online discussions or inquiries that should receive a response from the organization
- Work with Learning & Development team as needed to create virtual training materials to help users get the most from the platform
- Measure, analyze and report on qualitative and quantitative community usage, working with contacts across the business to also determine impact on business results
- Monitor community platform usage and work with other community facilitators to investigate root cause and take action when activity is below expectations
- Design and manage community reward/incentive programs
- Provide ongoing feedback on user needs and make recommendations on UI, suggested customization and enhanced functionality as needed
- Liaise with platform provider to aid in resolution of complex user issues as needed
- May plan and implement virtual events, chat sessions, etc.
- May team with Product Development to foster and manage collaborative community ideation.
- Stay current on and actively explore emerging social media tools, technologies, trends, and developments and recommend enhancements to community as appropriate
- 7-10 years professional experience, including 3-5 years experience working in a complex social media or community management environment with demonstrated excellence in developing, implementing and monitoring strategic digital communications programs
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of online community platforms; experience with Social Business Software
- Keen understanding and awareness of Enterprise 2.0 principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Proven experience creating compelling editorial content (portfolio samples desirable
- Solid understanding of technology, including web technologies such as HTML, and ability to learn new tools and software applications quickly
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfortable presenting to groups, virtually or in person
- Good judgment, diplomatic skills, and ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and work in a self-directed manner
- Creative, flexible, motivated and innovative team player
- Experience in technology industry highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sociology, Human Dynamics, Journalism, English, Communications, Business Administration or related field
For more information: https://jobs-nuance.icims.com/jobs/6459/job