Section Title: User Training: People
Description: There may be a lot of people in your community, but you can choose to connect with only the people whose activity is most relevant to you. You can interact with anyone in your community using direct messages and private discussions, and follow certain people to keep track of their activity. When you @mention someone that content filters up in their activity streams and in activity streams of the people who are following them.
After completing this section of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Find and follow people in your community
- Create a status update and @mention a person, a place or some content
- Send direct messages and start private discussions with the people you choose.
Target Audience: Jive users, community managers, administrators or developers
Section Length: 1 hour
Making it Practical:
After watching the videos and reading through the quickstart guides, please comment on this document or post a status update in the community covering one or more of the following topics:
- When do you think it would be useful to post a status update and @mention someone you work with?
- How will you use what you learned to improve the way you work?
- What will you remember most from this lesson?