Setting Up Your Profile
Setting up your profile is the first step to becoming active in your community. Your user profile provides other community members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner.
- In the Actions list on your Bio tab, click Edit profile & privacy.
- Fill in as much profile information as you like. Required fields are starred (*). Note that your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them. Your community manager may set up certain fields for you, such as your username, and you may not be able to edit them.
- Click Save.
- Also available from the Actions menu are a few additional setup options.
- Change photo & avatar allows you to upload photos and avatars to your profile. Your photo is a great way for people to "meet" and recognize you in person. Your avatar is a small picture that appears next to your content, comments, and status updates to let community members quickly recognize you with a simple visual cue.
- Edit profile & privacy allows you to edit your profile and change your privacy settings. Privacy settings control how different types of users see your profile. To access your privacy settings, click Edit profile & privacy, then click the Privacy Settings tab at the top of the Edit Profile page.
- Change password allows you to change your password.
- Edit preferences allows you to modify the way you view responses to discussions and comments, how your email is delivered from Jive, your language, and your location settings. If you belong to multiple Jive communities, you can also set up bridge preferences between communities by clicking the tabs across the top of the page.
- Download vcard allows you to download a vcard to your email address book.
- Invite friends to join allows you to invite friends to join your Jive community.