Version 3

Basic Information

Plugin download available here

Admin console settings: People > Settings > Twitter Settings

Q1:  I just installed the Twitter plugin. Why aren't tweets syncing?

A1:  Twitter often needs an extra full restart before tweets start to sync.

Q2:  How can I see if the sync task is running?

A2: Check the jiveSystemJob table:

select beanID, status, count(*) from jiveSystemJob group by beanID, status;  

Q3: How can I check how often the sync tasks are running?

A3:  Check the jivetwittersync table to see all of the users with twitter enabled, when their account was last checked, and when it was last updated:

select userid, to_timestamp(lastcheck/1000) as "lastcheck", to_timestamp(lastupdate/1000) as "lastupdate" from jivetwittersync;  

Q4: Every time an individual user tries to enable Twitter, it just refreshes the page and their account is still disabled.  Why?

A4:  The Twitter App may be set up with the wrong URL.  Try re-setting this up and ensure that you are using the correct jiveurl.

Q5: The tweets are updating extremely slowly.  It takes a full minute to sync each user and this instance has a lot of users.  Can I make them faster?

A5:  This is a bug, JIVE-7894.  A workaround is to set the system property "status.twitter.rate" to "3600."

Q6: Tweets are not syncing in a very active community.

A6: Twitter limits API calls, so if there are too many calls in a set time period, requests will start to fail. Refer to twitter's documentation for details on their rate limiting: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/rate-limiting#rest