Once the plugin is installed, users will have immediate access to the plugins features in the User Bar.
Note: This plugin was developed to help address a common complaint in Jive 5, regarding the removal of "Your View" where people used HTML Widgets to manage direct links to their places of interest.
This plugin addresses the essence of that use-case by giving the users the ability to quickly being able to manage a set of 10 links for ready access in the UI.
The links drop down expanded with 2 of the 10 links defined.
Simple Edit Screen to manage your Quick Links
Note: URLs much be relative to the Jive Environment, unless otherwise allowed by the configuration. (see Configuration section below)
Plugin install through Admin Console.
Configuration is now done through an Admin Console Screen. System > Settings > Configure QuickLinks
- Reported December 16th, 2011: When selected from your default landing page under User Preferences, selecting "Links" will result in a person's default page being "blank".
- Workaround: For the time being, it is recommended that this option not be used.
- Fix: Corrected in version 126.96.36.199 released on 02/08/2012
- How do I change the label for the Links drop down?
- 1.1.0 - October 27th, 2011
- Added Admin Screen Configuration
- Added ability for Admins to specify the default links for All Users. Once User configures their links, these defaults will be ignored.
- 188.8.131.52 - February 8th, 2011
- Added ability for Admins to display links to Anonymous Users
- Added ability for Admins to deny ability for End-Users to Edit Links
- 184.108.40.206 - February 15th, 2011
- Added 5 additional links to the end of the QuickLinks list that are only configurable via the Admin Console.
Will lobby Jive to include this feature into the core product. Suggested placement is to the left of the History icon, as this is a means of getting back to content similar to History, Bookmarks, and Search.
I am not looking to grow this plugin's functionality much, as I think it would be served as a core platform implementation.
Please vote on this idea if you like this plugin, or even the concept: