Jive for Outlook gives email a social life. By bringing the social business power of Jive directly into Microsoft Outlook, we make it possible to collaborate in a new way, without ever leaving Outlook.
With Jive for Outlook you can:
- See activity streams and social profiles, and create threaded discussions and status updates.
- Turn email threads and document attachments into collaborative posts in Jive.
- Reply to comments, and include @mentions of people, places, and information.
- Get an instant social snapshots of the people you collaborate with.
- Search across Jive & Outlook to find emails, appointments, attachments, documents and discussions from one, quick search.
... and do it all from Outlook.
For more details about the product: http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/engage-employees/modules/jive-for-outlook
Jive for Outlook is a commercial solution – an additional commercial add-on license is required to use the module. In order to take advantage of this solution, please contact your Jive sales representative.
Jive for Outlook supports Jive 4.5.6 + and Jive 5.0 + and on the Microsoft side, we support Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, and 2010. Please note that the plugin has a server-side (for the Jive instance – there is no installation on the Exchange Server) and a client-side installation.
Jive for Outlook 126.96.36.199 and Jive for Outlook 188.8.131.52
02.29.2012: Fixes the following issue:
- OUTLOOK-1523 If the Jive server isn't installed as root, client users can't download Jive for Office from a document page.
|184.108.40.206||Sept 27, 2011||Initial release|
|220.127.116.11||Sept 27, 2011||Initial release|
|18.104.22.168||Oct 21, 2011||Update|
|22.214.171.124||Oct 21, 2011||Update|
|126.96.36.199||Nov 8, 2011||Update|
|188.8.131.52||Nov 8, 2011||Update|
|184.108.40.206||Nov 23, 2011||Update|
|220.127.116.11||Nov 23, 2011||Update|
|18.104.22.168||Dec 15, 2011||Update|
|22.214.171.124||Dec 15, 2011||Update|
|126.96.36.199||Jan 3, 2012||Update|
|188.8.131.52||Jan 3, 2012||Update|
|184.108.40.206||Jan 31, 2012||Update|
|220.127.116.11||Jan 31, 2012||Update|
|18.104.22.168||Feb 29, 2012||Update|
|22.214.171.124||Feb 29, 2012||Update|
Jive for Outlook 126.96.36.199 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Outlook 188.8.131.52 - Jive 5.0.x (Server Plugins)
01.31.2012: Adds the following new features:
- A new auto-update feature (found at System > Settings > Jive for Office > Auto Update) pushes new version notifications to the System > Settings > Jive for Office > Client Binaries tab and enables automatic or manual updates of the client binaries installed on your Jive server. The default setting is automatic update.
- A new Plugin Usage feature (found at System > Settings > Jive for Office > Client Binaries) provides user implementation and feature usage data for Jive for Office and Jive for Outlook.
Jive for Outlook 184.108.40.206 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Outlook 220.127.116.11 - Jive 5.0.x (Server Plugins)
01.03.2012: Fixes the following issues:
- [OUTLOOK-1312] Add "Reset Binaries" button in admin console to be used for pushing newer version of client-side binaries after a server side upgrade.
- [OFFISYNC-1976] Automatically disable Office download links in 5.x servers.
Jive for Outlook v1.1.3 (Client plugin)
01.03.2012: Fixes the following issues:
- [OUTLOOK-1275] Users should be prompted when SSO credentials expire.
- [OUTLOOK-1309] SSO credentials prompt shouldn't occur for passive activity.
- [OUTLOOK-1311] For silent installations, user shouldn't be prompted to activate the installation.
Jive for Outlook 18.104.22.168 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Outlook 22.214.171.124 - Jive 5.0.x (Server Plugins)
12.15.2011: Fixes the following issues:
- [OUTLOOK-1274] Server rejects all posts that contain ":" in our URL's
- [OUTLOOK-1275] No password prompt when SSO credentials expires (server returns 302 instead of 401).
- [OUTLOOK-1276] Server rejects all posts that contain Accept: 100-continue header
- [OFFISYNCPRODUCTS-2619] Can't configure proxy settings/connect from behind proxy for latest Office connector
Jive for Outlook 126.96.36.199 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Outlook 188.8.131.52 - Jive 5.0.x
11.23.2011: Fixes the following issue:
- [OFFISYNC-1949] Security warnings in Internet Explorer 8
- [OUTLOOK-1245] Outlook client download is stuck on 38M
- [OFFISYNC-1947] CSRF for Core API when Instance URL is virtual path
- [OFFISYNC-1946] – Downloading binaries using IE 6, 7, and 8 fails. This problem is caused by an IE issue that can be repaired using the client-side fix described in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323308. However, the following server-side workaround is recommended: add the following lines to the cache.conf file in all web nodes of the Jive application. The cache.conf file is usually located in: /etc/jive/httpd/conf.d
- SetEnvIf Request_URI ".*\.exe$" MSIE_CACHE
- SetEnvIf Request_URI ".*\.msi$" MSIE_CACHE
Jive for Outlook 184.108.40.206 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Outlook 220.127.116.11 - Jive 5.0.x
11.8.2011: Updated release for 4.5.6 - fixes the following issue:
Because of a problem finding a DLL path, installation fails in the presence of certain third-party applications.
Jive for Outlook 18.104.22.168 - Jive 4.5.6.x and Jive for Outlook 22.214.171.124 - Jive 5.0.x
10.20.2011: Updated release for 4.5.6 - fixes the following issue:
* MAS-1763 - A collision with the Jive Mobile module has been resolved. This problem caused instances with Jive Mobile installed to default to SSO mode, causing connection problems between the Jive instance and Jive for Outlook.
Jive for Outlook is now licensed separately from Jive Connects for Office. If you previously installed the program with a bundled license, updating will ensure future upgrades work correctly.