Some images inserted into content are not properly associated with the content into which they are embedded, causing them to appear as orphaned and be cleaned up by a background task approximately two days after they were uploaded. Afterwards, the images are not available on the site and the attachments located in the storage provider are also not present, as they have been deleted by the cleanup task.
- Jira Issues:
- JIVE-755 - Possible for images to not be properly associated with the content into which they are embedded
- JIVE-10272 - Re-associate images orphaned by JIVE-755
- Affected Versions: 4.5.0, 4.5.6, 5.0.0
- Fix Versions: 4.5.8, 5.0.2
Identifying the Problem
- Running version 4.5.0 - 4.5.7 or 5.0 - 5.0.1
Most commonly noticed when images disappear from discussions or formatted text widgets several days after they were uploaded.
Delay the cleanup task from running for ten years by setting the system property spring.expireTemporaryImageTask.delay to the value 315360000000
This workaround can be removed (by removing the system property) after an upgrade to 4.5.8 or 5.0.2.