You may have noticed that on your new instance, you aren't seeing data anymore under the Reporting > Reports tab of the Admin Console:
You should still see data in the Reporting > Dashboard tab as long as you have Analytics enabled.
Where did the data go?
Jive has decided to disable these reports by default on new instances. These reports are legacy functionality - they existed before we even had an analytics database! The reasons for turning these off include:
- We now have better ways to track activity within Jive.
- Enabling this feature will impart increased load on the server and has been observed to cause serious performance degradation in some situations. Jive recommends not using this feature if you have concerns about system performance. This is a result of the tasks that run to populate the graphs with data.
- These reports take up large amounts of space in the application database.
- The reports are old and prone to malfunction
Why haven't they been removed from the Admin Console entirely?
This tab will be removed from the Admin Console in Jive 6.0.
My Reporting > Reports tab is still showing data. How do I disable it?
Set the system property stats.enabled=false.
What should I use now for reporting?
- If you are on version 4.5.7+ or 5.0.1+, you can install the newCommunity Manager Reports Plugin
- The Reporting > Dashboard tab in the Admin Console uses data from the analytics database.
- If you would like to query your databases directly and are a hosted customer, you can download copies of your databases to set up locally. Just file a support case and Hosting will set database dumps.
- If you have the Analytics Module/Business Objects, you can use this tool to generate analytics reports.