What is the #socbiz Collective?
The #socbiz Collective is a community blog for all members of the Jive Community to share their insights into Social Business. Participation in this blog is 100% voluntary, and comes with no commitments. Have just a single thought you'd like to share? Perhaps that thought is more like 5 thoughts? Either way, this blog is a great way to get your thoughts published to the social web to very relevant audiences!
Drive the conversation!
- Be relevant! Relate to Social Business (socbiz)
- Be professional. Avoid illicit/questionable language, imagery, and references.
- Be original. Convey original thoughts, ideas, or opinions.
- Note: Blog posts should not contain unauthorized copyrighted materials (images, videos, graphics, etc...), and should abide by all Fair Use practices.
Make your voice count!
- Try to make your blog posts more than 200 words, and use industry terms where possible.
- Include pictures, or other rich-media assets.
- Provide links for terminology and materials referenced in your post.
- Reference your external industry profiles, such as Twitter,
Engage your readers!
- Remember that blogs are a dialog and not a shouting mechanism.
- Focus on constructive conversation, let us handle antagonists. We'll be watching, and reading! =)
- Report abuse or share conversation with the Community Administrator to escalate conversations.
Tips and Tools
- Individuals Want: insightful content
- Other bloggers Want: topics related to their focus areas
- Press Want: content for their print and online publications
Remember Good Grammar
- Write in the first person
- Follow writing style guides
- Edit and proofread
- Don’t be afraid to ask an editor/friend to proofread something
Write for Humans and Robots
- Post interesting content – most blogs are boring!
- Be yourself
- Tag it appropriately –metadata is “key” for search
- Use bullets and lists
- Integrate with social networks so it’s easy for people to share your posts