|Jive Analytics||Jive Software, Inc.||Yes|
- Tons of data available to report upon.
- Ability to build complex reports and to schedule them
- Good for reports where you know exactly what you want and need to run it on a regular basis
- Export to Excel, PDF, etc.
- Difficult to use, steep learning curve, few sample reports included, buggy site
- .Need deep understanding of Business Objects
- Need a strong understanding of the underlying data
- Very difficult to explore the data; Time consuming to run a report, modify filter, run report again, etc.
- Not designed to schedule reports with dynamicdate ranges (e.g., past 12 months)
- Add-on module must be purchased through Jive
|Community Manager Reports||Jive Software, Inc.||Yes|
- Integrated into Jive, easy for community admins to use, no additional software needed.
- Useful filters from profile fields.
- Export data to Excel
- Good visual overview of key metrics
- Very simple reports, limited ability to drill down
- Limited ability to see "what" people were doing
- No ability to view the data by custom dimensions
- No ability to see activity related to specific piece of content, for example, most popular documents or blog posts.
- No ability to see number of downloads
- Activity is measured over a 30-day period; there is no way to see activity for a specific day
Community Manager Reports 4.5 Documentation
Community Manager Reports 5.0 Documentation
|Google Analytics||Google, Inc.||No|
- Very simple to implement
- Shows data not available in Jive, such as mobile device access and country of origin
- Can see current number of users online (useful for livestreaming events)
- Allows you to compare data sets; e.g., # of visitors this month versus last month, number of visitors from North America versus APAC, etc.
- Simple view over time of how many visitors you have on your site
- Shows you path analysis to see where people are coming from
- Reports on search terms used in your site
- Provides insights into which browsers are being used to access the site
- Doesn't track unique views or data about a specific user
- Mobile information is tied to mobile devices going to Community URL. It is not tied to the Jive Mobile app itself.
- Region/Country information is skewed due to corporate intranets and how users get out to the internet itself. (e.g. 5 countries may all go through 1 country to get to the internet)
- If Jive is your browser home page, activity appears higher than it may actually be
- Uses urls only, so content is not associated with the group where it is posted
Jive 4.5 Documentation - Integrating Web Analytics
Tracking Traffic from Jive System-Generated Emails with Google Analytics
|May be able to track downloads|
- Requires purchase of Omniture
|Omniture & Jive Integration|
- Requires purchase of WebTrends
|Jive Analytics Database||Jive Software, Inc.||Yes|
- Free, if you already have a BI tool to analyze the data
- Full access to all data in the Analytics database (from raw data to aggregated data);
- Business Objects data is a subset of this database
- Data should match what appears in CMR
- Can utilize any ODBC compliant database tool against the data
- Targeted at technical users with deep database knowledge
- Requires user to download Jive database from Jive Cloud
- Requires user to restore the database to on-prem database
- Requires deep database knowledge as Jive only provides a partial data dictionary and no entity relationship diagram
- Not available for download with the Jive Cloud option
|Installing Postgres for Jive DWH Implementation||Bill Chamberlain||This is the full data set, but you need to understand it pretty well. I will add additional information here shortly about a framework we've built that sits on top of this database and addresses many of the concerns raised about the BO and CMR reporting options. (This is a framework we've discussed a bit with a few people at Jive.)|
|Jive Admin Console||Jive Software, Inc.||Yes|
- Provides basic information around activity in the site
- Useful for only the most basic of inquiries
- Some of the information is only available for the particular container you are reviewing
- Export capabilities are limited
- Graphs are very unsophisticated
- Data can be hard to reconcile with what you see in the CMR
- Easy to use and quick to develop
- Sub-second respond time to user
- Not the traditional "query"
- All data, down to transaction-level detail, available to the user
- Combine Jive data and an other data source (Salesforce.com, Oracle, SAP, .xls, etc.)
- Build once, deploy anywhere (iPad, iPhone, PC, etc.)
- Export to .xls, PDF
- Global "Search" capabilities
- Great visuals
- QlikView uses Jive for its online community (www.qlikcommunity.com)
- Free to trial at www.qlikview.com
- Not the chosen BI platform by Jive - which is BOBJ
Free Personal Edition:
60+ QlikView Demos:
- Check out the website and demo site then download the QlikView Personal Edition to get started. Let me know if you have questions.
- Centric Consulting has built a framework based on QlikView that we will be making available to clients. It combines the power of QlikView with our knowledge of Jive's data and is a compelling data tool. (We have had some discussions with Jive on what we have built out.)
|(link name to info page about tool)||(who provides this tool?)||(is the tool Jive-aware?)||(what are this tool's strengths as related to using it with Jive?)||(what are this tool's weaknesses as related to using it with Jive?)||(link to any threads or info about how to use the tool with Jive)||(add your contact link if you're experienced using this tool and willing to help)||(add any miscellaneous comments about the tool)|