- Admin Features:
- Admin Console Configuration UI (see below)
- Centrally managed HTML / JS / CSS Snippet Repository
- Reference code distribution, ensures single sourced code base, simple end-user instruction, and locating place references.
- Quick Copy Snippet Feature
- Delete Snippet Feature - since 188.8.131.52
- Admin Managed so IFrames and 3rd Party JS are allowed!
- Snippet Features:
- Global Disable - Hide all occurrences of a snippet with one action
- Hide Border - Hides the default border around the widget
- Allow In Webpage - Use Snippets to Create an Entire HTML Page with a clean /snippets/<SNIPPET_NAME> - since 184.108.40.206
- Allow In Content Control - Embed HTML/JS/CSS into content. You tell me how you plan to use it! - since 220.127.116.11
- Allow In Widget - Allow Snippets to be Used in Widgets - since 18.104.22.168
- Private vs. Public Snippets - Control where your snippets are used in the Community - since 22.214.171.124
- Parameterized Snippet Filter for Content Embedded
- Parameterize your Snippets for Optimal Re-Use
- Add container properties to Container to expose customizable context variables (see: Plugin Admin Screen, footer)
- Widget Features:
- Custom Title (if Hide Border not enabled)
- Simple one-field widget configuration
- View Snippet Feature - since 126.96.36.199
- Go to the Admin Console > System > Settings > Manage Snippets
- Create a new snippet, and Save
- To install, simply have end-users use the Managed Snippet widget, located under the "Other" widget category for all place types, and paste in your snippet ID.
Suggestion: You can create a catalog of snippets and document them in your community with a simple document.
This increases your off-the-shelf widget catalog tremendously!