This document explains how to register mobile device(s) for your Jive Community. Please note that this applies to communities which have opted to not allow username + password authentication. Usually the device registration method is used for internal communities which utilize single sign-on for desktop access. When Jive Mobile is configured for this mode of authentication it will apply to all devices and access means (iPhone native and mobile web, Android native and mobile web, BlackBerry mobile web, iPad mobile web).
1. Log in to your Jive community from a desktop browser.
2. Click the arrow next to your name in the upper right corner.
3. Choose Preferences from the Personal Settings list.
4. Click on the Mobile tab.
5. Enter a name for your device and click Get Activation Code.
6. An Activation code is shown:
7. On your device, either:
- Open the Jive Software app which was previously downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
- Open up a browser (Safari for example).
8. When prompted, enter the URL of your community.
- Alternatively, you can scan the QR code to speed up the process by using a 3rd party QR reader or the one embedded in the Jive Software native apps.
9. Enter the code into the form on the device:
10. That's it. From that point forward the device is connected to your Jive community. If the device were to be lost, simply follow steps 1-4 above and click the Remove button next to the device's name to immediately sever the connection.