During my presentation at jw12 I was asked by a fellow community member on the steps to allow JIVE to consume Brightcove content.
These are the steps I took & it works to do this on Jive 4.5.7 ... feel free to add more add more to this document.
ADMIN CONSOLE SETUP
- In the admin console go to: System > System Properties
- Locate the following property: globalRenderManager.HTMLFilter.allowedDomains
- Add the brightcove domain to the above property, it should look like this: globalRenderManager.HTMLFilter.allowedDomains = youtube.com, dailymotion.com, veoh.com, vimeo.com, google.com, brightcove.com, bcove.com
- If the property doesn't exist for some reason, you can add it at the bottom of that same page
- A system restart is necessary at this point. (at least from what I recall)
EMBEDDING BRIGHTCOVE VIDEOS
- YOU MUST BE USING CHROME or FIREFOX to the following steps, IE will not work.
- From this point on you can grab the embed code from brightcove's video player.
- You can now insert it into a Discussion, Document, Blog Post, etc. To do this you must switch the editor into html mode & paste the code.
- Remove the "codebase" & "classid" attributes from the object tag as shown below:
That's it .. your brightcove video will now play in your community.
Here are some reference links to other discussions/documents on this topic:
- Support for Brightcove Media Player in Posts and Docs
- Embedded Brightcove video not displaying
- Anyone Using Brightcove to Manage Video Assets?
Social Business Scientist / #Cmgr
Dell | Enterprise Social Collaboration | @GinoRossi