A new version of Jive for Office is available for Jive 5.0.1+ and Jive 6.0.1+. Please see the release announcement for more info.
Jive for Office brings social business capabilities of Jive directly into Microsoft Office applications. With Jive for Office, Office documents can be easily accessed from and saved to Jive—where they can be shared with other users for editing (including simultaneous co-editing) and commenting.
This new release replaces the older version of Jive for Office. Please upgrade to this new version for continued support.
Jive for Office makes it simple to:
- Drive collaboration and transparency by easily publishing Office content created on users' desktops into Jive.
- Unlock siloed content by making it easy to find the best files created by others, right from inside Office by browsing, searching, and seeing related files.
- Improve team productivity by eliminating time-consuming review cycles and multiple rounds of feedback by allowing multiple authors and contributors to make comments and changes on a document simultaneously from either their desktop or their browsers.
- Eliminate confusion by maintaining a single synchronized version of a document to ensure that everyone is working from the same content—even when multiple authors are making edits to the content in parallel.
- Speed review processes by attaching a unique URL to all documents when they are saved. This means the document can be accessed simultaneously by multiple users with appropriate access—eliminating the need to integrate the multiple generations of comments spawned by email.
- Speed adoption of social business software by enabling users to engage with the Jive environment with familiar Microsoft Office tools.
Collaboratively edit documents in Office applications - merge changes, view and respond to comments, view document information
Pinpoint changes to a document, accept or reject the changes, and publish the newest version seamlessly
This new release of Jive for Office brings with it many enhancements, including:
- Enhanced merge changes functionality
- Ability to disable the option to overwrite documents
- Increased support for Windows authentication methods
- New authentication user experience
- New installation and auto-update experience
- More lightweight and less resource-intensive architecture
- Myriad of UI/UX enhancements
You can check out a quick demo of Jive for Office here.
Jive for Office is a commercial solution – an additional commercial add-on license is required to use the module. In order to take advantage of this solution, please contact your Jive sales representative.
Jive 6 Hosted and On-prem
Jive 5 Hosted and On-prem
Jive 4.5 Hosted and On-prem
Jive for Office supports Jive 4.5.6+, 5.0.1+ and Jive 6.0.0, on the Microsoft side Office 2003/2007/2010 are supported
Usage of this plugin relies on installation of Extended APIs. For more information, please refer to the Extended APIs Plugin download
Extended APIs version
Jive for Outlook
Client Plugin version
Jive for Outlook
Client Build Number
Jive for Outlook
Client Release Date
126.96.36.199 , 188.8.131.52 , 184.108.40.206
If you need to manually download the Jive for Office client binaries, they can be found here: http://files.jivesoftware.com/extended-apis/office/manual/JiveForOfficeClient.zip