Jive for Outlook gives email a social life by bringing the social business power of Jive directly into Microsoft Outlook.
This new release replaces the older version of Jive for Outlook. Please upgrade to this new version for continued support.
With Jive for Outlook you can:
- See activity streams and social profiles, and create threaded discussions and status updates
- Turn email threads and document attachments into collaborative posts in Jive
- Reply to comments, and include @mentions of people, places, and information
- Like, share, and more without having to leave Outlook
- Get an instant social snapshot of the people you collaborate with
- Search across Jive & Outlook to find emails, appointments, attachments, documents, and discussions from one, quick search
What's New in Jive for Outlook v3
Our continued investment in integration across the Microsoft suite comes to fruition with a set of updates geared toward more seamless interaction and increased productivity across systems and workflows. We spend a lot of time in Outlook, so each iteration of Jive for Outlook has furthered our goal of bringing as much work, collaboration and content from Jive into your Outlook as possible. The new release of Jive for Outlook takes that goal several steps further by enabling you to take action on content directly from Outlook and breaking the reliance on email notifications as a main driver of content.
Structured Outcomes in Outlook
Similar to Jive for Office, we've brought structured outcomes to content and comments in Outlook. Now you can easily turn talk into action, as well as see any outcomes already set on content.
Streams in Outlook
Up until now, if you wanted to take advantage of Jive for Outlook you relied on existing email notifications sent from your Jive community. With the additions of Streams in Outlook, you can now see content from all of your streams (Inbox, Connections and Custom streams) without having to set email notifications. You can still use email notifications for the most critical content you want to see in your email, but a quick click to the Streams pane will show you the content in all your streams.
You can see a count of unread Inbox items in the Jive toolbar, and click on the button to view the streams. You can then filter by Read items or All items, select the Stream you want to view, and then further filter by content type, person, or both.
Convert to a private discussion
So far, using Jive for Outlook you must have been creating a discussion or converting an email to a discussion within a Place in your Jive community. Now while doing that you can also set whether you want that discussion to be shared either with your entire Jive community or with specific people to make sure you reach the exact audience.
Also, while converting an email, you can now also set the title of the discussion before you post it.
You can find here the list of fixes related to the different Jive for Outlook releases.
|Version||Release Date||Release Notes|
|J4O 30.7.66||Q2 2019|
- JVSINTG-6194 - Attachments are not shown in the Jive for Outlook super search
- JVSINTG-7018 - When mentioned in a direct message from User1 to User2, User3 does not receive a notification
- JVSINTG-7354 - In the Jview panel, long biographies are not displayed completely
|Version||Release Date||Release Notes|
|J4O 30.7.65||Q1 2019|
- JVSINTG-388 - J4Outlook crashes in Windows 7 x 64
- JVSINTG-4749 - Checking Disable Notification Emails preview isn't disabling the preview for emails
- JVSINTG-5635 - Embedded video added in a content is not visible in the screenshot when viewed in Jive for Outlook
- JVSINTG-6428 - Outlook crashes when a user replies to a discussion using Jive for Outlook 30.7.63
- JVSINTG-6440 - Signing users out each time when Outlook is closed
|J4O 30.7.63 - 30.7.64||October 2018|
- JVSINTG-390 - No avatar is shown and the logs contain errors when updating Outlook to the newest version
- JVSINTG-1866 - Error popup messages are shown asking to close the opened Microsoft tools while updating Jive for Outlook
- JVSINTG-1867 - An error message is shown while posting a discussion with attachment or embedded content
- JVSINTG-1872 - Occurrence of issues such as the disappearance of added columns and scrollbar when a user moves from inbox to other folders and moves back to the inbox
- JVSINTG-1873 - The JiveForOutlook add-on installer attempts to terminate all MS Office applications even after a user clicks "Cancel" during the installation process
- JVSINTG-1967 - PowerPoint attachment does not open
- JVSINTG-2014 - The help link to the diagnostics tool/documentation is visible in the Jive ribbon on Outlook even after disabling it during installation
- JVSINTG-2229 - Issue in file upload
- JVSINTG-2272 - Date is shown in the mm/dd/yyyy format instead of the configured dd/mm/yyyy format
- JVSINTG-2452 - Help information window showing "404 Not Found" error
- JVSINTG-2482 - Jive for Outlook plugin does not work alongside with MS Labeller plugin
- JVSINTG-2724 - Embedded video section does not show a screenshot when viewed with Jive for Outlook
- JVSINTG-3782 - The About dialog box does not appear
- JVSINTG-4264 - JiveOutlookStartup64.exe process crashes while starting MS Outlook
- JVSINTG-3960 - Add-on does not detect that there is no connectivity and does not switch to offline mode
- JVSINTG-4071 - When denying Jive for Outlook access to the Startup Reg key, the streams and commenting on a post becomes disabled, and the inbox items are not displayed
- JVSINTG-4359 - Jive for Outlook with ActivClient Agent enabled crashes while opening an encrypted email
- JVSINTG-6006 - Notification details are not displayed in Outlook
|J4O 30.7.61 - 30.7.62||September 2018|
- JVSINTG-3960 - The offline mode is not handled correctly when starting outlook
- JVSINTG-4071 - Streams are disabled when Jive For Outlook is denied permission to Startup Reg Key
- JVSINTG-3782 - The Help > About dialog do not appear in Jive for Outlook
- JVSINTG-1873 - The Jive Package for Office/Outlook attempts to terminate Office applications when the installer is canceled
|J4O 30.7.60||July 2018|
- JVSINTG-2034 - Full access admin can't share another user's hidden document
- JVSINTG-1882 - Issue converting an email to a discussion
|J4O 30.7.49 - J4O 30.7.59||-|
- J4O-291 - Long filenames are trimmed when uploaded using Jive for Outlook
- J4O-289 - "Unsupported feature[Sheet Outline]" error in the "conflicts" tab when merging an Excel file - grouping rows/columns
- J4O-288 - Jive for Office do not work in MS Word
- J4O-286 - Clicking on a comment's timeline in the J4O does not display the comment in the webapp
- J4O-279 - The name field for space shows a HEX value
- J4O-277 - The "on behalf" field is displayed as blank when converting to a discussion from the draft folder
- J4O-274 - Documents opened in Jive for Office do not show the "Reserved" outcome
- J4O-257 - Commenting on Jview or Streams throws an error
- J4O-253 - New feature to add categories/tags to new/converted discussions in Jive for Outlook
- J4O-252 - Structured Outcomes > Participants missing on action item note
- J4O-242 - "Application.Windows" crashes on access violation when using MS Word v2013 or older
- J4O-235 - No empty field to insert tags in a new discussion using Outlook 2013
- J4O-234 - Outlook tab on the Social bar is not being populated
- J4O-232 - Enhancement to use TLS1.2 in case FedrampEnabled=TRUE or EnforceTLS12=TRUE
- J4O-224 - Hebrew comment in J4O is written from left to right and posted to Jive in the same way
- J4O-221 - Issue publishing Excel when the styles are applied to many cells
- J4O-220 - Excel crashes when merging a large formatted document
- J4O-217 - Jive for Office is increasing the file size exponentially
- J4O-216 - Hungarian Keyboard Support incorrectly deleting text in the text box for direct messages when inserting special characters
- J4O-206 - Enhancement to support "Boldon James Office Classifier" Addon in MS Excel
- J4O-202 - On Windows 10, when using Office/Outlook 2016, the "Close" button inside the "About dialog" is incorrectly aligned to the right
- J4O-100 - Uploading a large file using "Attach from Jive" throws a timeout error
- J4O-12 - The updates are not found when you merge and review the new document version
|J4O 30.7.48||Aug 17, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.43||Jul 10, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.24||May 8, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.11||Mar 10, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.10||Feb 17, 2017||Jive for Office/Outlook 30.7.10 (minor release)|
|J4O 30.7.7||Jan 24, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.0||Dec 2, 2016|
|J4O 30.6.0||Nov 17, 2016|
|J4O 30.5.15||Sep 28, 2016|
|J4O 30.5.0||May 6, 2016|
|J4O 30.4.0||Jan 26, 2016||Jive for Office/Outlook Maintenance release 30.4.0|
|J4O 30.3.5||Sep 21. 2015|
- JENSO-7260 - Unable to search, view and set tags in Jive for Outlook for certain versions
- JENSO-7354 - Jive for Outlook unable to connect under certain network conditions
- JENSO-7404 - Installer isn't formatted correctly to be easily deployed in SCCM environments
|J4O 30.2||Jul 1, 2014|
- Improved caching mechanism
- Updated the code signing certificate
- Fixed issues when downloading large files
- Fixed issues with the Social Bar
- Fixed Issues with Super Search
- Added ability for replacing UI strings
|J4O 30.1||May 5, 2014|
- Better handling Producteev integration workflow
- Fixed “Share content” issues
- Ability to ignore specific folders
|J4O 30.0||Dec 24, 2013||Added support for Thai language and internationalization improvements.|
|J4O 2.5||Sep 3, 2013|
- Outlook 2013 and Windows 8 compatibility
- Fixed a bug in the way we post multipart requests to the server that might cause the server to drop the connection
- Threaded discussions - now, just like in the web interface, you'll be easily able to tell when a comment is in reply to another comment through the threaded styling. Also, clicking on the (in response to <user>) link will highlight the comment that it is in response to.
- Current comment indicator - got multiple replies? Clicking on an email will highlight the corresponding comment in the preview. Never lose your focus again! See the arrow next to the second comment in the screenshot above? This 'current comment' indicator will persist even after the highlight fades
- New comment indicator - not sure which is the newest comment in an ongoing discussion? New comment indicators (as shown on the third and fourth comments above) show you which comments follow the one you are currently looking at
- LIKE!! - one of my personal pet peeves was having to go into the web interface to Like something. Now I can do this directly from Outlook!
- Helpful/Correct Answers - now if you post a discussion, you can mark a comment as the correct or helpful answer directly from Outlook. You can also see which comments were marked as correct/helpful, and clicking on the username next to Correct/Helpful answer by will highlight that comment in the discussion.
- Stop email notifications - don't want to get notified about a particular piece of content in a specific stream, click the Gear icon and then Stop future notifications, and you will remove notifications from the Inbox as well as the current stream from which you got the notification. Note that this only removes the notifications from the inbox and the current stream, so if you're following content in multiple streams you will still get notifications from other streams.
- View shared content - now you can see not just the notification of the share, but by clicking on View shared item you can see the actual shared content in the preview.
- Download file - if the notification you received is for an uploaded file, you can now download that file directly from the preview
- Contact Manager- if the person identified in the Social Bar is not the correct person, or there is no match, you can now search for and select the right person yourself.
- View count - see how many people have viewed the content
- External participant indicator - see the external visibility indicators on all externally visible content or collaborators
- Visibility indicators - see who can see the content, or with whom the Direct Message is being shared
- Preview on sent items - now just like in the Inbox, you can see the entire discussion or document in the Sent folder as well
- Citrix support - we now fully support deployment in a Citrix shared workspace environment
- Myriad of performance and stability improvements
Jive for Outlook is a commercial solution – an additional commercial add-on license is required to use the module. In order to take advantage of this solution, please contact your Jive sales representative.
- Jive Cloud:
- Jive Hosted on Premise:
Version Compatibility Information
|J4O Version||Jive Version||Microsoft Applications|
|Jive for Outlook v30.5.0+||Jive 7.0+, Jive 8, Jive 9 and Jive Cloud|
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2016
- Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11+, Firefox, Chrome
|Jive for Outlook v30.3.5||Jive 7.0+, Jive 8 and Jive Cloud||Office 2007/2010/2013|
|Jive for Outlook v3.2|
Jive 7.0, Jive 8.0 and Jive Cloud
|Jive for Outlook v3.1|
Jive 7.0 and Jive Cloud
It is possible to use v3.1 to connect to a Jive 6 environment without getting the new features (Producteev, Streams, etc.) for bug fixes only.
|Jive for Outlook v3.0|
Jive 7.0 and Jive Cloud
It is possible to use v3.0 to connect to a Jive 6 environment without getting the new features (Producteev, Streams, etc.) for bug fixes only.
|Jive for Outlook v2.5||Jive 5.0.1+ (with eAPIs v126.96.36.199 and Outlook in Compatibility mode) and Jive 6.0.1+||Microsoft side Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013|
|Jive for Outlook v2.1||Jive 5.0.1+ and Jive 6.0.1+||Microsoft side Outlook 2003/2007/2010|
|Jive for Outlook v2.0||Jive 4.5.6+, 5.0.1+ and Jive 6.0.0+||Microsoft side Outlook 2003/2007/2010|
Usage of this plugin relies on the installation of Extended APIs. For more information, please refer to the Extended APIs plugin download page.
|Extended APIs Version||J4O Client Plugin Version||J4O Client Build Number||J4O Client Build Number|
188.8.131.52 , 184.108.40.206 , 220.127.116.11
18.104.22.168 , 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
If you need to manually download the Jive for Outlook client binaries, they can be found here:http://files.jivesoftware.com/extended-apis/office/V3.0/outlook.30.7.54.zip